- Access Projects from the navigation bar
- Go to the project where you want to do the set-up
- Click on Settings
- Select one of the following options, depending on the type of project: Sprint columns or Kanban columns
Note that the column configuration options are only available for projects with Kanban and Backlog type boards (sprint, kanban, bug tracking projects).
Configuring the columns in Kanban and Backlog type boards
In this section, you can set which task statuses can be used in the sprint and kanban board columns.
A. Modifying the order of the columns
This action allows you to modify the order of the phases into which your workflow or task management process is divided.
- Click on the icon with three vertical lines to the left of the column in question
- Drag it to the place where you want to move it
If you want to add new columns or lists, just scroll to the right of the screen and click on New list. You will also need to add the status to which the tasks moved to this new list will be moved. On the other hand, to delete columns, go to the three points to their right (...) and select Delete list.
B. Defining the statuses for each column
This action allows you to define the status to which each of the tasks will go when they are transferred to another column or phase of the process.
- Go to the corresponding column or list
- Click + Add status to select the status you want to assign to the tasks that are moved to this particular column
When a task status is already assigned to a particular column, it cannot be assigned to another one. For this reason, you may sometimes need to delete statuses in order to associate them with different columns. To delete statuses, simply click on the delete icon to their right.