About the name change from attributes to categoriesAttributes are now named categories, and they will keep offering you the same functionalities. Continue using categories to organize and filter your products.
- Go to Inventory on the navbar
- Select Products
You can check your categories from the Control menu by following the path Settings > Inventory > Categories
Assign, filter or export product categories (attributes)
Assign a category to a product
By following these steps, you'll be able to assign a category that will be shown, on the product panel, on the product catalog, and on the product list in the corresponding column — if activated.
- Choose a product from the list
- On the product line, click on the three-dot button ( ⋮ )
- Select Edit
- Inside the product panel, go to the Categories area
- Mark the box next to the category that you need
- From the drop-down menu, select one of the available options
- Click on Save
Filter products by category
By following these steps, you can find all products that have a given category.
You can click on Save segment to make the customized filter appear on the segment list by default
- On the product list, click on the two-column button ( ☷ )
- Mark the categories, so the corresponding column will appear on the list
- On the product list, select + Filter
- Click on Product categories
- Write down one or more values related to your categories
- Find the corresponding column category with the selected values
Click on the sort icon next to the category name to organize the products by ascending or descending order.
Export products ordered by category
By following these steps, you can get a file containing a product list where appear the category column. If you filter by category, you'll get a product list where all the products that have that category appear at the beginning of the file.
- Make sure that the column category is displayed on the product list
- If you need it, order the products by category by pressing the sort icon next to the category name
- Click on the download icon
- Choose to export the data in Excel or PDF format