Check out this article if you wish to learn more about Projects in Holded
- Go to Projects from the navigation bar
- Access the project where you want to customize your billing and budgeting preferences
In addition to the general settings you have set up in the billing and budgeting section, Holded allows you to customize the invoicing and budgeting settings for each of your projects.
The preferences established in this section take precedence over the general billing and budgeting settings in Projects.
Customizing billing and budgeting preferences per project
- Within the project, click on Settings
- Select the Billing option
- Activate the Billing and Budgeting options using the corresponding selectors
- Under Hourly rates, use the drop-down menu to choose the hourly rate method used to calculate the billable amount for your project:
Fixed fee Assign a fixed rate for this project. It will be a total fee and will not take into account the hourly rate. Project hourly rate Assign a fixed hourly rate so that when users register their working hours, the billing price is automatically calculated. Member hourly rate Select this option to automatically calculate billing based on the hourly rate assigned to each member when registering work hours. Billing category hourly rate By selecting this option, you will have to set a rate for each category so that the billing will be calculated based on the hours registered per category.
- Under Project budget, choose the method for calculating costs from the drop-down menu:
Total cost per member Add a budget limit for each member that will be topped up according to the hours logged. Total cost per billing category Selecting this option will activate in the billing Categories section the option of the total budget and cost/hour according to each category. Total project hours Sets a maximum total number of hours to be logged in the project. Hours per billing category Selecting this option will activate the budget (hours) and cost/hour option in the billing Categories section. You will be able to modify this value to establish a limit of billable hours per category. Hours per member Selecting this option will activate the budget (hours) and cost per hour option in the Member configuration section. You will be able to modify this value to set a limit of billable hours per member.
- Hit Save to save the changes
To learn more about how to customize the configuration of your projects, check out this article.