Check out this article to learn more about Projects in Holded
- Access the Control menu
- Click on Settings
- Go to Projects > Billing and budgeting
Holded provides you with predefined categories so you can set the billable hourly rate directly.
If the predefined categories do not suit you, you have the possibility to edit them and even add others.
By setting the billable hourly rates for the different categories, you will be able to choose between them within your projects and indicate the hours spent. This will facilitate the visualization of the distribution of hours registered per category.
Setting the billable rate by category
- Go to the bottom of the screen to define the categories
- Set the category color
- Keep the predefined name or edit it to identify the category appropriately
- Indicate whether it is a billable category or not by means of the toggle
By activating this toggle, you will be able to generate invoices for these categories. By default, this toggle is enabled.
- Enter the billable hourly rate
- Click on the Save button at the top right of the screen to register the changes you have made
If you want to add new categories with their corresponding billable hourly rate, click + Add category. On the other hand, if you want to delete the category, simply click on the trash can icon on the right side of the screen.
The registered working hours will be the ones that you will be able to invoice to the client from the Billing section in the corresponding project. Also, remember that you can modify the categories and rates set from the Billing section within each of your projects. These changes will not affect the rates set in the general configuration.