- Access Projects from the navigation bar
- Select Projects
- Click on New project
Advanced options allow you to include more details about the associated contact, due date, as well as billing and cost forecast data.
Using advanced options when creating projects
- Choose a template and fill in the basic project information
- Click on Show advanced options
- Select the contact associated with the project by clicking on the drop-down and using the search bar
- Indicate the due date of the project via the calendar
- Activate the Billing option by using the toggle
This option allows you to choose the hourly rate method used to calculate the billable amount for your project.
- Select the corresponding billing rate:
Project hourly rate Add this option if an hourly rate is set for the work agreed with the client. Member hourly rate
Revenue is calculated from the hourly rate set for each employee.
Billing category hourly rate Billing will be calculated according to the rate chosen for each category. Fixed fee Logged hours will have the same cost, regardless of the employee or category.
- Use the following toggle to activate the Budgeting option
With this option, you have the possibility to create a budget to follow the progress of the project and set limits on the use of resources.
- Select the type of budget and cost from the drop-down menu:
Total cost per member A budget available for each user is delimited. Total cost per billing category Maximum amount available for each category. Total project hours The amount available is measured by setting a limit on working hours. Hours per billing category The project budget depends on the hours registered per category. Hours per member A maximum number of hours per team member is defined.
- Confirm the creation of the project by hitting Create
If you decide to add this information later, you can always do it from the Settings > Billing options within the project.