Functionality in beta phaseCurrently, POS is only available to some beta users.
Do you want to participate in the test? Contact us by chat!
POS is a Gem subject to a fee that you can activate from the Holded Store. It is composed by a section on the platform, for stores and inventory management, and by an application for iOS or Android tablets for a daily usage in a physical store. Learn more about POS here.
How to get there
- From your device, tap on the POS app icon
- Sign in with your account and access the store profile
- Select the register you need to open
Each cash movement generates an accounting entry. Learn more here how POS integrates with your accounting section
Performing the register opening
- Once you have selected the register to open, tap on Open register
Closing you register
When you close your cash register, POS will show you the amount of money billed during the day, and you will be asked to confirm it or to write down the differences.
Bear in mind that in case of discrepancy between the expected and the counted amount, the system will create a corrective entry to record the difference.
- Open the Sidebar by tapping on the three-line menu (☰)
- Select Register
- Tap Close Register
- Count the amount invoiced
- Enter the counted amount in the correct field
- Confirm the operation
Manually withdrawing or adding cash
If, for any reason, you have to withdraw or add cash from your register, you can easily do so by following these steps
- Tap the Add cash or Withdraw cash buttons on the top of your screen
- Type the amount
- Select the cash, bank account or register where the money is coming from or going to
- Leave a note if necessary
- Confirm the action
If the cash movement is between two registers, it needs to be recorded in just one of them in order to avoid duplicated accounting entries.