The cash account is included within the Banks section of Holded. Check out this article if you want to know more about everything you can do from this section or this other one to learn more about the cash account in Holded.
- Go to Accounting from the navigation bar
- Select General ledger
As in the case of all book accounts, except for those that are included in Profit and Loss, the initial balance of the cash account comes predefined from the previous years. That is to say, the initial balance will correspond to that with which the previous year was closed.
If this is not your case, you can generate an entry in the General ledger to enter the opening balance for your cash.
Entering the opening balance by creating an entry
- Click on New entry
- Keep the Entry type as Record and the Default entry
- Enter the Date
- In the Account column, select your cash account in the first row
Click on the dropdown and enter the name of your cash account in the search box to locate it quickly.
- In the Description column, enter Opening balance or other brief description that will help you know what this new entry refers to
- In the Debit column, enter the opening balance that you want to appear in the cash account
- In the second row choose the account 57000000 Cash, Euros from the search bar
- Then, in the Credit column, enter again the amount corresponding to the opening balance
By doing this operation, we avoid an imbalance when generating a new entry
- Click on Save