- Access Settings
- Click on "More options"
- Click on the "Taxes" section
How the tax list is organized
Let's see how the different columns of the list are broken down:
- Checkbox : The first column will show a symbol of a "bookmark" if that tax has not been edited. In case you edit it will go to show a "gray" box so you can select it and edit it.
- Name : The internal name will appear (it does not appear in the PDF of the invoice) that will be shown when choosing the tax within the invoice.
- Value : It is the % applied to the tax . It should always be in percentage format and not in total value. It will be used to calculate the amount based on the tax base of the invoice. For example, 21%, 10% and it is the value that will appear in the PDF of the invoice.
- Scope : Taxes will be divided into 3 different (Sales, Purchases, Employees) . Depending on the area in which they are found, they will appear only in those types of documents .
- Key: This code is the internal code of Holded and will help you to specify the type of tax when you import your invoices by excel. Learn to import your invoices in the section of the Academy> First Steps.
- Group: By default the following groups will appear: VAT, Retention, Employees, Rec. Equivalence. You can see a summary of the taxes to pay depending on the group within the Billing> Taxes section .
- Account: It will appear empty unless you edit the countable accounts assigned by default to edit the tax.
- Active: Green (On), Red (Off). In case you deactivate it when creating an invoice, this tax will not appear.
VAT & IGIC: In the event that when creating the Holded account you have specified that your company resides in "Spain: Peninsula and Balearic Islands" you will see the list of Taxes with VAT. If instead you have specified "Spain: Canary Islands" you will see the list of taxes with the IGIC. If you need to create new taxes we show you below.
How to edit the taxes in the list
- Go to Settings> See All> Taxes
- Click on a line of a tax and the tax editor will open
In case you want to edit a tax created by default in Holded it will only be possible to edit the account to which the tax is assigned and activate or deactivate it. The other fields will be blocked so that the Tax Models are filled in correctly.
- Tax account : Change the account or add a new one by entering the number and clicking "Add".
- Tax account (corrective): Change the account or add a new one by entering the number and clicking on "Add".
What is the use of changing the account? It can be useful if in the previous program you worked with you will use a different accounting account to post each tax and you do not want to change the way you work.
How to create a new tax
- Go to Settings> "More options"> Taxes
- Click on the "New" button
- Fill in the information and click "Save"
In case you do not find the tax you need you can register a new tax that you can add to an existing group.
- Name : Assigns a name to identify the tax when creating the invoice.
- Key: Create a Key to add it in the tax column when importing invoices.
- Scope: Select the type of document in which the tax will appear (Sales, Purchases, Employees = payroll).
- Type: You can determine if you want a% or a fixed amount to apply. You can also choose the group option to select other taxes and apply at the same time in the same invoice when adding the tax created.
- Amount%: Write the number for the percentage or the total amount , depending on the option you have chosen. If you have selected the option "Group" you will have to write the name of the taxes that you want to choose in the box and they will be registered.
- Tax accounts: Select or create an accounting account to assign the tax.
- Tax account (rectifying): Select or create an accounting account to assign the tax.
- Tax Group: Select the tax group you want to be added to so that they can be classified and find them easily when creating a new invoice.
- Status: (On), Red (Off). In case you deactivate it when creating an invoice, this tax will not appear.
Manage groups: Click on the "Manage Groups" button in the Taxes list to create new tax groups .
Discover how Tax models work : Take a look at the section of the Billing Academy> Taxes to get the most out of the Tax Models in Holded.