The FIRST STEP to start using Holded correctly will be the Import of the companies or contacts.
- Click on the Name of your company (top right)
- Select the Cogwheel (Settings)> " Import ".
- Access the Billing section
- In the "Others" section you will find the " Companies " option .
- Select "Import" and check the "Download with sample content" option in order to follow the format indicated in the first two lines.
- Complete the template with the information we now provide you and when finished import the template from the same place where you downloaded it ( click select ).
You can also download the import template from the contact module in the sidebar, selecting the tab next to "New Contact" .
Contact template fields
Although it is true that not all the fields in the template are mandatory, the more fields we complete the better detailed the information will be in Holded . Below we indicate the fields that you should not leave empty, although you can always complete them once the template is imported:
- Fiscal name : Registration name of the contact to import.
- Contact person: You can include this contact in the emails you send to the company in question.
- NIF / CIF : (essential field) Holded will use this information to relate the invoices.
- Address : Information that will appear in the documents.
- IBAN : It is necessary in case you want to make remittances.
- Mandate Ref: It will be included in the contact's file and you can use it to remit invoices. Find out more about remittances in Billing> Enter your SEPA details.
- TAGS : These are labels that will help you identify the contact documents within Holded. If you want to add + of 1 you must separate them by "_" .
- Customer / Supplier Account (8 DIGITS) : In the case of leaving this field blank, Holded will automatically complete it when creating the first Purchase or Sale Invoice with the contact.
- Contact type : Choose between "Not specified, Customer, Supplier, Deal, Debtor, Creditor". It has no effect at the accounting level!
- Sales and purchase tax : Incorporates the contact's taxes so that they appear automatically in the documents.
- Currency : Write the exact name that appears in the dropdowns when editing the contact> Preferences.
- Language: Write the exact name that appears in the dropdowns when editing the contact> Preferences.
- Custom fields : These fields must be created in Holded beforehand , they are used to include personalized information in the tab of each contact . Find out more about these fields in Billing> Custom Fields.
Once you have imported the companies or contacts, you can import the contact persons so that they are related.