You can activate this feature for free from Gems in the Holded Store
- Go to Projects in the toolbar
- Select the Forms option
- Click the New Form button
Forms are created with the intention of automating the creation of tasks. When a user wants to create a task, they will simply fill in the form and assign to which list they want to send the task.
How to create a form
1. Complete the basic fields of the form
In the pop-up window, complete the following fields:
You can make this form automatically available in all projects by accessing the three-point menu and activating the Select all your projects toggle. Learn how to create your project here.
The available task types will depend on the selected project. To learn more about projects, check out this article.
2. Add questions to the form
The information in the Questions section is essential to complete the details of the assignment:
- Under 1. Question, type the task title
This field is always mandatory and of type Title, as it refers to the task title. You can include an additional explanation by clicking + Add a description.
- Click on Add question
- In 2. Question, select the question format from Type:
Description Corresponds to the task description Start This allows you to select a date for the start of the task in the calendar End Allows to indicate a date for the end of the task in the calendar
Priority of the generated task
Very high, High, Medium, Low or Very low Story Points are the unit of measure for expressing the estimate of the overall effort required in the task Text field The text will be displayed in the task Number The number will be displayed in the task Date The selected date will appear within the task Select Allows selecting options from a drop-down list Radio Allows selecting several options with a circle format Checkbox This allows you to select several options using a checkbox format
- Type your question in the field provided
- Click + Add question to include additional and different types of questions to the form
- Once you have finished adding questions, hit the Create button to publish your form
If you need to delete any of the questions, simply click on the delete icon to the right of the question. On the other hand, if you want to indicate that a question is required, check the Required field box.
You can create as many forms as you need. Once completed, the form will be visible to all project members participating in the assigned task list.
How to fill in a form
Complete forms to generate tasks
- Access Projects from the toolbar
- Select a project from the list
- Go to the Forms option
- Press Fill one of the active forms for that project
- Fill in the indicated fields
- Hit Save
The generated task will be added to the project board
Check out this article to learn how to edit and delete already created forms in your projects.