The Goals section, within Analytics, helps you set objectives to be achieved for your sales accounts and your expenses. This becomes very useful to analyze your company's financial situation.
Goals are set on a time (annual or monthly goals) and quantity basis (annual or monthly amount).
What is the information available in Goals?
Holded includes a graph that allows you to visualize the evolution of the goals of your sales and expense accounts, contrasting the current status of these channels with the goals set for each of them, as well as the forecasts made. This graph will change automatically when the objectives are modified in the platform.
Global sales goal and its progress
From this section, you can quickly view the total target set for sales and the progress of your business against that target. From there, you also have the option to quickly assign goals to your sales accounts.
Quick assignation of sales goals
Quick goals can be assigned on an annual or monthly basis, and the default list of sales accounts (Group 7: Sales and Revenue) allows you to access each of them in a very agile way to define goals immediately. These are the default accounts:
- Exceptional income
- Exchange gains
- Other financial income
- Income from long-term receivables
- Income from short-term receivables
- Commission income
- Income from sundry services
- Lease income
- Changes in work-in-process inventories
- Sales returns of merchandise
- Services rendered
- Sales of merchandise
Global expenses goal and its progress
From this section, you can easily know the total target set for expenses and the progress of your business with respect to this target. From there, you also have the option of assigning quick goals to your expense accounts.
Quick assignation of expenses goals
Quick goals can be assigned on an annual or monthly basis, and the default list of expense accounts (Group 6 Purchasing and Expenses) allows you to access each of them in a very agile way to define goals immediately. These are the default accounts:
- Exchange losses
- Exceptional expenses
- Social security costs borne by the company
- Interest on debts with credit institutions
- Deferred taxes
- Wages and salaries
- Variation in inventories of other supplies
- Other services
- Change in inventories of merchandise
- Change in inventories of raw materials
- Return of goods purchased
- Work performed by other companies
Goals per account
- All: To view all accounts and the goals assigned to each one of them, as well as the percentage and amount achieved with respect to the established target.
- Sales: To consult the sales accounts, their objectives, and progress.
- Expenses: To know the goals set in each expense account and the percentage achieved in each of them.
What can you do with Goals?
Create sales accounts
Learn here how to create sales accounts
Create expenses accounts
Check this article to find out how to create an expenses account
Assign goals to expenses accounts
Learn here how to assign goals to expenses accounts
Assign goals to sales accounts
Read here to find out how to assign goals to sales accounts
Magic or quick assignation of goals
The magic goal assignment allows you to set future goals according to the results obtained in the last months. Future goals can be set on a fixed value basis (the same goal for every month), incremental (a goal that increases progressively), and decremental (a goal that decreases progressively).
Find out how to assign goals through this feature by checking this article
You can compare the goals you have set both through widgets on your main dashboard and from the financial report's section in the Analytics section.
Learn here more about financial reports