Check out this article to learn more about everything you can do from the sales document settings in Holded.
- Go to the Control menu, located in the top right of the screen
- Click on Settings
- Go to Invoicing
- Select Documents
- Click on the template in which you want to configure the advanced settings
- Go to the bottom of the screen and click on Advanced options
Holded allows you to include and edit advanced fields in your templates, so you can add further information to your documents.
Configure advanced options
1. Add terms and conditions
Terms and conditions are an agreement in which buyer and seller agree to rules that will govern the provision of the service or sale of the product. An example would be the return policy.
- In Terms and conditions, choose whether or not you want to include this information
- If yes, include the text in the field provided
If it is a very long text, you can check the box Show on a full page
2. Fill in the trade register information
This is to fill in the registration details of your company:
- From Mercantile Registry, please indicate whether you want to include this information
- If yes, use the field provided to add your text
3. Select your company data
With this option, you can select the information about your company that you want to appear in the template when you create your documents.
Check the boxes of the data you want to display:
- Company name
- Identification number
- Due date
Please note that certain fields may not appear depending on the template you have selected.
4. Include contact information
From here, you can indicate the contact information you want to appear in the template when creating the documents.
Check the boxes of the data you want to include:
- Trade name
- Identification number
5. Include additional information
Choose to include additional data in your documents.
Check the boxes listed in the platform according to the data you want to add:
- Show description in concepts: If you do not activate it, only the product name will appear and not the description
- Show SKU / Lot: If you activate it, the SKU field will appear in the PDF of the sales invoices, in case it is a product with lots, the lot number will appear in the description of the concept. If you have a product with variants, the chosen variant fields will appear. In the case of a purchase invoice, the manufacturing code will appear
The SKU is the product identifier code. It allows you to differentiate your products and is basic to have optimal stock management.
- Show item type: If you activate it, in the invoice editor you will be able to choose between different types of units to appear in the PDF of the invoices. For example Kg, boxes, bottles, minutes, etc.
- Break down taxes: If you activate it, at the end of the PDF of the invoice the total will appear broken down by type of tax
- Show product picture: If you activate it, the product photo will appear in the PDF. You must first add it to the product file
6. Select the elements of the table (header)
Select the columns you want to appear in the PDF templates and customize the title of each column.
- Check the boxes in the following fields to display the related information:
- Concept: the column with the product name and description will appear
- Price: the price per unit excluding VAT will be displayed
- Units: the number of units of the product will be displayed
- Discount: there will be a column with the discount for each product line
- Subtotal: there will be a column with the total price excluding VAT (units x price)
- Taxes: the column showing the tax rate in % will be activated
- Total: this will be the total price column, including VAT (units x price with VAT)
- Click on Edit column text to replace the default text in each of the fields
Remember that if you change the language of a document, these modified titles will not be changed. To fix this, you will have to create a new template for documents in other languages and add again the headings in the corresponding language.
7. Customize document names
Customize the name of the documents. The change will be shown in the PDF and in the sidebar.
Check the boxes of the document types you want to modify:
- Sales receipts
- Pro formas
- Sales orders
- Credit notes
Check out this article to learn how to edit the basic information of your templates and assign them to different types of documents.