Check out this article to learn more about everything you can do from the sales document settings in Holded.
- Go to Control menu
- Click on Settings
- Go to Invoicing and select Document templates
- Click on the template you want to set advanced options for
- Open the Advanced options' dropdown, in the left menu
Configure advanced options
Holded allows you to include and edit advanced fields in your templates, so you can add complementary information.
Select the columns that you want to appear in the PDF templates and customize the title of each of them.
- Check the boxes in the following fields to display related information:
- Name: the column with the name and description of the product will appear
- Price: the price per unit will be shown without VAT
- Units: the number of units of the product will be displayed
- Discount: a column will appear with the discount for each line of the product
- Subtotal: there will be a column with the total price excluding VAT (units x price)
- Taxes: the column will be activated showing the Type of tax in %
- Total: it will be the Total Price column, including VAT (units x price with VAT)
- Click on Edit column text to replace the text that comes by default in each of the fields
Remember that if you change the language of a document, these modified titles will not be changed. To fix this, you will need to create a new template for documents in other languages and add the titles in the corresponding language again.
2. Legal fields
Terms and conditions
The Terms and conditions are an agreement in which the buyer and seller accept some rules that will govern the provision of the service or sale of the product. An example would be the return policy.
- In Terms and conditions, choose whether you want to put this information
- If so, include the text in the enabled field
If it is a very long text, you can check the box Show in full page
Fill in the information of the Mercantile Registry
It is about completing the registration data of your company in Spain: in which Mercantile Registry it is located and with what number. For example: MATOS RESIDENCIAL, S.L. CIF: B638353 Mercantile Registry of Madrid, Volume 3643 - Folio 200 - Sheet B287634.
- From Mercantile Registry, indicate whether you want to include this information
- If so, use the enabled field to add your text
3. Company information
Data of your company
With this option, you can select the information of your company that you want to appear in the template when you create your documents.
Check the boxes of the data you want to display:
- Company name
- Tax identification number
- Due date
Remember that certain fields may not appear depending on the template you have selected.
From here you can indicate the information of the contact that you want to appear in the template, when creating the documents.
Check the boxes of the data you want to include:
- Trade name
- Tax identification number
4. Product information
Choose to include additional data in your documents.
Check the boxes listed on the platform according to the data you want to add:
- Show description in concepts: In case you do not activate it, only the name of the product will appear and not the description
- Show SKU / Lot: If you activate it, SKU field will appear in the PDF of the sales invoices, in case it is a product with lots, the lot number will appear in the description of the concept. If you have a product with variants, the fields of the chosen variants will appear. In the case of a purchase invoice, the manufacturing code will appear
The SKU is the product identifier code. It allows you to differentiate your products and is essential for optimal stock management.
- Show type of unit: If you activate it, in the invoice editor you can choose between different types of units to appear in the PDF of the invoices. For example: Kg, boxes, bottles, minutes, etc.
- Break down taxes: If you activate it, at the end of the PDF of the invoice the total will appear broken down by type of tax
- Show product photo: If you activate it, the product photo will appear in the PDF. First, you must add within the product sheet
5. Names of the documents
Customize the name of the documents. This will change in the PDF and in the sidebar.
Check the boxes of the types of documents in which you want to make the modification:
- Sales receipt
- Credit note
- Pro forma
- Sales order
- Purchase order