When sending your documents, invoices, quotes, sales orders, etc., it's very useful to use dynamic words. This will allow you to increase the speed of sending emails, and can also offer a more professional aesthetic. You can use dynamic words when creating a document so that they appear in a PDF. Let's see what dynamic words you can use, and where to add them
How to access:
- Go to Settings and click on emails
- Click on the "+" button at the top and create a template
Which dynamic words can you use in Holded?
• [name] - Name of the customer or supplier.
• [docnum] - Document number.
• [doctype] - Invoice, budget, proforma, etc.
• [docdesc] - Description of the document.
• [subtotal] - Tax base of the document.
• [total] - Total document.
• [date] - Document date dd / mm / YYYY.
• [duedate] - Due date dd / mm / YYYY.
• [currentmonth] - Number of month 1-12.
• [currentmonthname] - Name of the month.
• [previousmonth] - Previous month number 1-12.
• [previousmonthname] - Name of the previous month.
• [nextmonth] - Next month number 1-12.
• [nextmonthname] - Name of the next month.
• [currentyear] - Year YYYY.
• [address_street] - Contact address.
• [address_city] - Contact city.
• [address_cp] - Postal code of the contact.
• [address_province] - Province of the contact.
• [address_country] - The country of the contact.
How to use dynamic words
You can use dynamic words to compose the messages you send to your contacts. So, instead of having to change the name every time you send a document to a client, you can type [name] and the application will automatically take the name of the contact. The same goes for the rest of the dynamic words.
In Holded you have the possibility to configure your messages so that you never (or rarely, at least) have to edit a message. Regardless of who you sending an email to, or the document you're sending.
Go to Settings and click Emails
- Here you'll be able to create custom templates with a subject, message and signature. Then you can select these templates to send your documents quickly.
- You can create email templates for each type of document and have, for example, templates for sending invoices and another for quotes :)
Remember that you can also use dynamic words that will also appear in the a PDF!
Below you'll find an example of using dynamic words in templates. A default could be similar to the following:
'Hi, [name], I sent you [doctype] [docnum]'
We want all entrepreneurs to save the most amount of time as possible. Every second counts!