Beta: Holded academy is currently in beta phase. Check back regularly to see new articles posted daily!
- Access Settings (gear wheel)
- Click on Emails
Note: Holded allows you to send invoices from a single email account. There is also the option to configure that the responses of your customers are directed to an email other than the one sent.
Here's where you'll be able to create new email templates. These templates are style guides that Holded will use when you send an email. You can choose the language, design and from a huge range of other features that can be added. Holded comes preset with a default template called Template 1.
How to access:
- Go to Settings and then click on Emails
- Go to the top section "Templates"
- Click on the button + New Template
How to create & edit an email template
- To create or modify an email template, click the Template that's already loaded in your Holded account, or click Create New in the top right corner.
- Add a template name, select the language, and choose between the Basic or Plain designs.
- Add a subject for your email.
- Enter the message you'd like to include in your email.
- Add a signature.
What is the difference between the Plain email view and the Basic email view?
The Basic design option is the default for email templates. The email will appear with our preset format, and is more dynamic in terms of email layout
The Plain design layout will send emails in a classic email format. This option is visually less colourful and structured, but may be useful if your recipients have an older operating system or a slow connection.
Which features can you customise for the email template?
From the Message and Signature boxes, you'll be able to edit the font and styles further. Here's a list, from left to right, of what you can modify with the text editor:
- B = Bold
- I = Italic
- U = Underline
- Remove font style (removes the font style and resets this)
- Font size
- Recent colours used
- Background and Foreground colour (change the background and foreground of the message text)
- Unordered list (bullet points)
- Numbered list
- View code
What are Dynamic Words?
Dynamic Words are text replacements that are automatically adjusted according to a contact's information. For example, you can use [name] and this will display the relevant contact's first name when sending mass emails. When sending documents, invoices, quotes, sales orders and any additional documents, Dynamic Words can really improve your efficiency.
How to delete an email template
If you would like to delete an email template you can do so by clicking on that email template, click Delete, Confirm this by clicking on Yes
Please note: Once you have deleted an email template, you won't be able to recover it
You can view your entire email history from the History button, located in the top right corner of the Email Settings page. Once you're in History, there's a drop down list of options to choose from. Here are your view options:
- Unread 5 days
- Unread 15 days
Mail sending system
The mail sending system will determine which mail system is used. You'll also need to check, or edit, the sender name and reply-to email address.
Which mail sending options are available?
To find out more about the various options available, click on the Edit settings gear wheel (located next to Send test).
- Send from Holded - will send messages from our own mailing servers.
- Send from your SMTP - use your email username & password and SMTP address to easily send your emails from your email provider. Please note that you will need a start up plan activated in order to use this.
- Send from your provider - Send from your provider use your own email provider for all outgoing messages. For this option, you'll need to select a provider, Public API key and Private API key. Please note that Business plan is needed for this option.
Dynamic Words: Discover how to automate the personalisation of emails so that the name of the client [name] or the invoice number [docnum] appear automatically.
Send test email
In the templates section for emails, you can send a test email. This is a great way to see what your email will look like before this is sent to your clients.
To send a test email, all you need to do is click on Send test email and enter an email address to send the test email to and click OK .
If you want to see the different between plain and basic, you can send a test email to test both to find out which one matches your company profile more!
Start personalising your emails now so that you can save time doing other things :)