A payment gateway is an account where you can collect the invoices from clients and then transfer the amount to the bank. You can also manage the commissions generated by these gateways.
Beta: Holded academy is currently in beta phase. Check back regularly to see new articles posted daily!
How to create payment gateways
How to access:
- Click on the Treasury tab from the invoicing app
- Click on the "New" button and select the payment gateway option.
- You have the option to synchronise the Paypal* or Stripe gateway (we explain this in the integration section). If you do not want to integrate any gateway you can create one that fulfils the same function from the "other" tab. *Please note: The PayPal gateway will be coming soon
- If you create the gateway from "Other" you will have to import the movements from the template even though this import is not necessary for the reconciliation with the document.
- Set up the payment gateway
In order for the gateway to function properly, it's necessary to assign an accounting account. In order to assign the account, we will follow these steps:
How to access:
- Access the payment gateway you have created.
- From the top right, click on the drop-down arrow next to the "Reconcile" tab.
- Click on settings and enter the account number and currency that you will use.
- Once you've assigned an accounting account you can reconcile documents without the need to import the bank statement.