- Access Settings (gear wheel)
- Click on Emails
In Holded you can send documents to your contacts, for example, a purchase order to a supplier, or a sales invoice to a customer.
Sending documents from Holded allows you to know if they have received and read the email. All you have to do is check the history of each email.
1) Create your email template
- Go to Settings and click on Emails
- Go to the top section "Templates"
- Click on the button + New Template
Using the + New Template button you can create as many email templates as you need to later assign them to the Documents in Settings - Documents .
- Name: This identifies the name of the document (eg invoice template). It's important that you choose a memorable name as this is what you'll need to refer to later on when sending emails using templates.
- Language: Choose the language you want the automatic email fields to appear in.
- Design: Choose the "Basic" Design in case you want the email to have an enriched format (borders, colours, company logo). Otherwise select the "Plain" design for a more static view.
- Include link to the Portal: A link will be included and this will take the client to their "Client Portal", where they'll be able to see the document online.
- Include attachments: If you check this box, the PDF you are sending will be attached in the email.
- Powered by Holded: If you check this box, this text will be included in the email signature.
- Subject: This is the subject of the email that you are sending, if you want to put one by default, you can consult our list of dynamic words. By default, the text " [name] will be attached to the document"
- Message: Personalise the message you want to appear. [Ex. Hello [name], I enclose the invoice [docnum]
- Signature: Add the email signature. The format supports logos, images and links that you can "Copy and paste" directly in the box. Please note that in all fields you can use HTML if you wish to customise those fields.
- Use as Default Template: By checking this option when you send an email, this template will appear by default. Unless you modify it from Settings and Documents.
Dynamic Words: Discover how to automate the personalisation of emails so that the customer's first name [name] or the invoice number [docnum] appear in the email by using dynamic words.
Remember to click on the "Send Test" button to check how the message you have created will appear.
2) Use dynamic words
- Go to Settings and click on Emails
- Click on the "+" button at the top and create a document
Something very useful when sending your documents, whether invoices, quotes, orders, etc., is to use the dynamic words. This will enable you to increase the speed in sending emails and, in addition, it offers a more professional look. You can also use them when creating a document so that they appear in the pdf. Let's see what dynamic words you can use and where to insert them.
2.1) What dynamic words can I use in Holded?
- [name] - Name of the client or provider.
- [docnum] - Document number.
- [doctype] - Invoice, budget, proforma, etc.
- [docdesc] - Description of the document.
- [subtotal] - Tax base of the document.
- [total] - Total document.
- [date] - Document date dd / mm / YYYY.
- [duedate] - Due date dd / mm / YYYY.
- [currentmonth] - Number of month 1-12.
- [currentmonthname] - Name of the month.
- [previousmonth] - Previous month number 1-12.
- [previousmonthname] - Name of the previous month.
- [nextmonth] - Next month number 1-12.
- [nextmonthname] - Name of the next month.
- [currentyear] - Year YYYY.
- [address_street] - Contact address.
- [address_city] - Contact city.
- [address_cp] - Contact postal code.
- [address_province] - Província del contacto.
- [address_country] - Contact country.
We are constantly improving and adding new things to Holded, so in the future we will also update the list of dynamic words.
2.2) How do I use dynamic words?
You can use dynamic words to compose the messages you send to your contacts. So, instead of having to change the name every time you send a document to a client, you can type [name] and the application will automatically use the name of the contact. The same goes for all the other dynamic words.
In Holded, you have the possibility to configure your messages so that you never (or rarely, at least) have to edit a message, regardless of who you send the email to!
Go to settings and emails, here you can create custom templates with subject, message and signature. Then you can select these templates to send your documents quickly.
You can create email templates for each type of document and have, for example, templates for sending invoices and others for quotes;)
Remember that you can also use them to appear in the PDF!
Below is an example of how you could use dynamic words in a template, you could create a default email that could be:
'Hi, [name], I'm sending you [doctype] [docnum]'
Our intention is for all entrepreneurs to save the greatest amount of time as every second counts! Now you're ready to start customising your Holded account and sending emails to your customers!