If you would like to create recurring invoices.
Beta: Welcome to the new Holded Academy, currently in beta phase.
How to access:
- Access +
- Click on Recurring invoice
Automatically convert and send: When you create the recurring invoice, activate the automatic send option so that when you arrive at the issue date, the invoices are created and sent automatically to your customers.
From the Recurring section you can consult the list of recurring sales invoices that you have created or imported previously.
Draft future invoices : A recurring sale is NOT an invoice yet . It's a "template" that allows you to convert it into an invoice every month, quarter or year . This will save you from re-creating the invoice manually. It will be very useful if for example if you have customers with monthly fees or annual subscriptions.
What is a recurring purchase?
A sales invoice is the way payments are requested by customers for goods/services provided by the seller. An invoice outlines information regarding the sale so that the customer can provide payment. An invoice is a document whereby the seller and buyer can keep track of a sale.
A recurring invoice, is an invoice that will recur at a specific time, if you need to create invoices on a regular basis, rather than creating an invoice each time. You can create a recurring invoice so that this is created automatically so you don't have to manually do this each time.
Customise your recurring sales invoice list
The recurring purchase list will include the following options:
- Contacts: Assign a contact to the sales invoice (this needs to be the contact you wish to address the invoice to). To do this you can either search for a contact or you can create a new contact directly from this field.
- Date: Select the date and due date from the calendar option
- Concepts: A Concept is referring to either a product or service you are charging in the Invoice. So this can be a product or service within Holded, or a unique entry that you add for that invoice. For example, if you were charging a customer for the management of a project, you could add the name of the project and the price associated with this.
- Description: Add a description - this will be displayed in the sales invoice, below the Concept field.
- Quantity and amount: in the Amount text box and the price per item in the Price text box. You can also enter a discount and taxes to this line.
- Total: will be calculated automatically depending on the amount, price, discount and tax values you've entered.
- Visible messagesPayment methods: Select a payment method for the invoice.
- Account and tags: Select an account to associate with this invoice. A tag is a way you can differentiate products or contacts in Holded
- Collect via PayPal: You'll have the option to collect the payment for this invoice by PayPal.
Note: The fields in red will not appear in the list. To activate them, click on them and they will be marked in black .
2) Filter your documents
For additional options and possibilities of editing a sales invoice, click on Options (located next to Preview). You'll be able to add the following information:
The additional options will include the following:
- Set the Numeration (whether this is manually completed or automatically generated numeration by the internal numbering. The internal numbering can be edited in the configuration settings of your account.
- Add a discount
- Select the invoice language
- Select the currency you wish the invoice to appear in
- Choose the display mode for the invoice: this can be displayed by items, time, total or no taxes.
- You will then see a few checkboxes located on the right hand side next to the display mode. You will have the option to add a long description, enter the discount per product and display supplied.
- You can select the design template you would like to use by clicking on the documents template option. For more information on how to add or edit templates in your account, check out this article.
- An additional option is for you to enter Facturae fields, here you'll find a range of options to include.
By clicking on preview, you'll be able to see the invoice you've just created. You can always edit an invoice once this has been created by clicking on the drop down arrow to the right of the invoice view field and then click edit.
That's everything you need to know about a recurring purchase invoice, click on + and then select the recurring purchase option to get started!