Once you have created a pro forma, you'll be able to email this to your client in just a few seconds
Beta: Holded academy is currently in beta phase. Check back regularly to see new articles posted daily!
Send a pro forma
Email pro formas individually
You can send a pro forma to your client individually in just a few seconds, this will directly inform the client of the contact through their inbox and they'll also be able to see this in the Holded client portal. To send an email with a pro forma, follow the below steps:
- Click on the Invoicing app and then click on the pro forma tab
- Find the quote you would like to send and click on the drop down arrow located next to the date
- Select Send from the list of options
- You'll then be directed to the pro forma view. Here you'll be able to double check all the information and edit anything you'd like to change
- When you are ready to send the pro forma, click Send (this is located below Email)
- Subject line: this will be the subject line of the email the client will receive in the email address associated with the contact
- Add a description - this will be shown in the body of the email
- You'll be able to see the pro forma attached and this will be attached directly to their email
- Choose the email template from the templates you have created in your Holded account
- Click Send
Email pro forma in bulk
You can choose to send the pro formas in bulk to more than once contact. To send pro forma in bulk, follow the below steps:
- Click on the Invoicing app and click on Pro forma
- Find the pro forma you'd like to send and click on checkbox located next to the date. Select all the pro formas you'd like to send in an email to the client
- Click Send from the options below
- A pop up box will appear, this will outline the number of pro forma you have selected
- Choose the mailing template you would like to use (please note that you will already need to have this created in your Holded account).
- Click Send
- You will receive a notification with information regarding the number of emails you have sent
Client view of the pro forma sent
Once you have sent a pro forma to a client they'll be able to see this in their client portal from a link in the email inbox. The document notification will be sent to the email address you added to the contact in Holded. To access the client portal, the client will need to click on the link from the email, they will go straight to the portal. If you have set a password, they'll need to enter this before they log in.
- The client will receive an email where they will be informed of a new document available to them.
- The information you entered in the body of your email template will be displayed in this email
- The client will be able to click on the View proform [PRO FORMA] NUMBER and this will take them to their client portal. The pro forma will automatically be presented to the client and they will have the option to confirm the quote or cancel the pro forma.
- If the client would like to add any comments regarding the pro forma, they will be able to do so in the message option. If a client adds any information here, the admin will receive this in their email account. This will include a message: ¨you have received a message from [CLIENTS NAME]¨ and the pro forma number will also be presented.
- A PDF version of the pro forma will be attached to the email.