Creating pro formas in Holded is easy to do, you can also email these to your contacts immediately!
How to access:
- Click on the "+" button at the top
- Select the "Pro forma" option
Tip: Don't forget that you can create your pro forma in a draft stage!
To create a proform, all you need to do is click on the + from the top of the Holded page and click on Pro-forma. Below is a step by step on how to create a proform from this page and what to include
- Assign a contact to the pro forma, to do this you can either search for a contact that already exists in your Holded account, or you can create a new contact directly from this field
- Document Num: you can keep the default document number or you can change this to a number of your choice.
- Date: this is the date that the proform has been created
- Due date: select the date and due date from the calendar option. This is the date that the pro-forma is due, this will show as due date in the client's portal where they will be able to see the deadline for the pro-forma
Concepts & costs
A Concept is referring to either a product or service you are charging in the pro forma. So this can be a product or service you have created in Holded, or a unique entry that you add for that pro forma. For example, if you were charging a customer for the management of a project, you could add the name of the project and the price associated with this.
- Add a description - this will be displayed in the pro forma, below the Concept field.
- Enter the quantity in the Amount text box and the price per item in the Price text box. You can also enter a discount and taxes to this line.
- The Total will be calculated automatically depending on the amount, price, discount and tax values you've entered.
- To add another concept line, all you need to do is click on Add line (located below the concept box)
Visible messages and payment methods
You will then see an option to add a description to the pro forma. Please note that this will be visible on the pro forma.
Dynamic words are are text replacements that are automatically adjusted according to a contact's information. For example, you can use [name] and this will display a specific contacts name. You can use sending your documents, invoices, quotes, orders, and additional documents, Dynamic Words can really improve your efficiency.
Select a payment method for the pro forma. Please note that payment methods are created and managed in Settings under the Payment methods tab. You'll need to create a default payment method(s) in the settings, in order to select and display this on the pro forma.
Account and tags
Select an account to associate with this pro forma, this will appear as one of your accounting accounts. You can select an account from the default options available, to do this, just start typing. If you wish to create a new account, just type the name you would like to add and click add.
Collect via PayPal
You'll have the option to collect the payment for this pro forma by PayPal. To do this, all you need to do is click on this option which will be displayed at the bottom of the page. In order to successfully collect a payment via PayPal, you'll need to turn on the app in the Holded store and configure your account.
Choose the account you would like to associate the pro forma to, these are your sales account.
This is referring to internal description, this will not be shown to the client and it's only for your use.
A tag is a way you can differentiate products or contacts in Holded. These can be used for reporting and filtering purposes, and are a great way to classify your documents, products and contacts in Holded.
This will save your pro forma as a draft. You won't be able to send this to your client until you have unchecked the draft button from the editing options of the proform. The draft stage is a great way for you to create pro-forma and check these before you confirm the pro forma, this will save you time as you will easily be able to go back to this.
For additional options and possibilities of editing a pro forma, click on Options (located next to Preview). You'll be able to add the following information:
The additional options will include the following:
- Set the Numeration (whether this is manually completed or automatically generated numeration by the internal numbering. The internal numbering can be edited in the configuration settings of your account.
- Add a discount
- Select the pro-forma language
- Select the currency you would like the pro forma to appear in
- Choose the display mode for the pro-forma: this can be displayed by items, time, total or no taxes.
- You will then see a few checkboxes located on the right hand side next to the display mode. You will have the option to add a long description, enter the discount per product and display supplied.
- You can select the design template you would like to use by clicking on the documents template option. For more information on how to add or edit templates in your account, check out this article.
- An additional option is for you to enter Facturae fields, here you'll find a range of options to include.
By clicking on preview, you'll be able to see the pro forma you just created. You can always edit a pro-forma once this has been created by clicking on the drop down arrow and click edit.