A quote is a document that contains the amount and quantity agreed for the sale of a good or service. It has no validity until the client accepts it and therefore signs it.
Once the client has accepted, by signing the quote:
- You are forced to maintain that price unless unforeseen events arise, and you agree to a modification.
- The client is required to purchase that good or service on the agreed terms.
What can you do with quotes?
About the information needed for quotes
To be valid, a quote needs to include:
- Name or business name of the buyer or seller
- Quote number (ordered by a number series)
- NIF and fiscal address of the buyer and the seller
- Date of issue
- The unit price and the pre-tax price of each item
- Possible discounts
- Taxes (VAT) and personal income tax or mention if it is exempt from VAT or there is an investment of a taxable person
- Total amount