Beta: Welcome to the new Holded Academy, currently in beta phase.
You can manage and create quotes directly from your Holded account and you'll also be able to send the quotes for your clients approval.
- Access Sales
- Click on Quotes from the nav bar on the left
What is a quote?
A quote is an estimated price of a product or service, this tends to be provided to someone in a PDF format. This is used as a way an individual can approve or cancel the quote they receive. Once accepted, a quote can then be created as an invoice.
Customise your quote list
Once you have created quotes, you'll be able to filter these in the Quotes tab within the invoicing tab.
- Click on the table icon "box" (this is located to the right of "Segments")
- Select the items that will appear in the list
Segments - use the segments option to filter your quotes by the status
- Not billed
- Partially billed
Grid icon filter
Click on the grid icon to filter the quotes further, the fields that are in red are fields that are currently not in your Quotes page view. To add this, all you need to do is click on the filter name and this will be added to your current view.
This will enable you to customise what you'd like to see and what information you'd like to hide.
This filter option will include the following:
- Date: the date the quote was created
- Document number: this is the quote document number (this is used as a reference point and each quote should have a unique number assigned automatically)
- Due date: this is the quote due date
- Client: this is the contact the invoice is sent to
- Description: this will include any information you entered when you created the invoice
- Tags: a tag is a way you can differentiate products or contacts in Holded. These can be used for reporting and filtering purposes, and are a great way to classify your documents, products and contacts in Holded.
- Channel: this is the sales channel linked to this quote, when you create a quote you'll need to add this to a sales channel
- Payment method: this is the payment method associated with the quote
- Project: this links to the documents you have added to the Project app in Holded. If you have added a document in the quote section of the projects app and assigned this to the contact, the project name will appear in the Quote, under the title Project. Find out more about how to add and manage documents here
- Subtotal: this is the subtotal of a quote before any additional costs are added
- Taxes: you'll then be able to see all the taxes you have used in your Holded account followed by any new tax items you have created. These will appear in red but you can add this to you column view by clicking on the name
- Total: this is the quote total after additional costs have been added (e.g taxes)
- Total billed: this is the total amount paid
- Advance payments: this is referring to any payments that have been made additionally, so any payments that are made in advance
- Status: this will show the status of the quote, whether this is Pending, Accepted or Cancelled.
- Billed: No, Yes or Partially
- Updated: when this quote was last updated
- Email icon: You'll also see an email icon located next to the updated date. This means that you have sent this quote to your client. This is a great way to keep track of all the quotes you are still waiting to send or have sent
+ Add filter
In the quotes section, you'll be able to filter by additional values by clicking on the + Add filter button. You'll be able to filter further by the following options:
- Sales channel
- Document numbering
- Payment method
Emails sent: Once the quotes have been sent, an envelope will appear to the right of each line of the list. The grey envelope means that the email has been sent and the blue envelope corresponds to the status sent and read by your client.
You can now start to create and manage your quotes quickly and efficiently 😊