- Access the Invoicing app
- Access the Purchases section
- Access the "Inbox" section
Are you tired of manually "uploading" the PDFs of each invoice or purchase receipts of your company? Do you receive many purchase invoices per month and lose a lot of time downloading them from your email and uploading them to Holded?
If you answered yes to the above questions, you'll find your solution with the Holded Inbox! Only for purchases or receipts: With Inbox you can only post purchase invoices, receipts (simplified invoice), purchase orders or sales orders.Download the receipts app on your mobile: With this app you can take photos of your purchase tickets, fill in the information and upload them directly to be counted. You can also use our artificial intelligence machine (OCR) Smart Scan. Access the Play Store (Android) or Apple Store (IOS) to download the APP.
1) Activate your Inbox emailHow to access:
- Access the Invoicing app > Purchases> Inbox
- Access the Purchases section
- Click on the "Get email" button
- Address: Write an address that's easy to remember for the providers that want to send emails directly to the Inbox or in case you send the emails to the Inbox.
2) Receive documents in your Holded emailHow to get:
- Access the Invoicing app> Purchases> Inbox
- Send an email with the attachment of the invoice in PDF to the created email.
- List of emails: On the left side you will see all the emails received in the email address of "Inbox". Click on the upper list button (next to the Settings wheel) to see the list of emails with your status (Pending, Partial, Accepted).
- Email preview: In the right section you can see the content of the email (text and attachments).
- Creator: When you move the cursor over an attached document, 4 options appear:
- Preview: You can enlarge the size of the PDF to check what it is about.
- Create: You will access the "Fast Creator" to post your purchases. If you need it you can also do it through the "Complete Creator" .
- Scan: From this section you can directly send the files to the Smart Scan automatic reader . Discover how it works in the next article in this block.
- Skip: In case you don't want to post the file, this will be blocked and a prohibited symbol will appear for you to identify it. It will be marked as "accepted" in the list.
3) Create your purchasesHow to access:
- Access the Invoicing app > Purchases > Inbox
- Access an email, move the cursor over an attachment and click on the "Create" button
The attached file will appear on the left of the screen so you can quickly fill in the information. On the right, you'll be able to select the type of document you are going to post (Purchase, Refund (purchase rectification), Purchase ticket, Purchase order, Sales order). The fields that you must fill out are the following:
- Invoice number : Add the invoice number (it will not appear in the receipt option)
- Issue date: Select the date of purchase.
- Contact: Assign a contact that already exists in Holded.
- Description: Add text to quickly identify what this purchase is referring to.
- Taxes: Enter the name of the tax to select one of the available ones.
- Currency: Select the currency of the purchase
- Total: Add the total amount, taxes included. Holded will automatically calculate the subtotal or tax base.
- Divide by lines: In case you need to add several types of tax you can divide it by lines and assign a tax rate to each line.
- Classification: Select an expense account and add the tags
Now that you know how Inbox works, we will explain in detail how the Smart Scan feature works in the following article!