- Go to Purchases
- Click on Recurring
Automatically convert and send: When creating recurring invoices, activate the option of automatic sending so that when you arrive at the date of issue the invoices are created and sent to your suppliers automatically (this option is more indicated for sales) . To set this up, click on the Auto create & send check box located in the document editor.
From the Recurring tab you can consult the list of recurring purchase invoices that you have created or imported previously.
Draft future invoices : A recurring purchase is NOT an invoice yet . It is a "template" that allows you to convert it into an invoice every month, quarter or year . This will save you from re-creating the invoice manually. It will be very useful for example if you have contracted services with monthly fees or annual subscriptions (rents, supplies, payroll).
1) Customise your list of recurring bills
- Click on the grid icon located next to the right of "Segments"
- Select the fields you'd like to add to the columns
This will enable you to customize the view of your list of recurring invoices so that only the fields that is of interest to you.
The fields that will appear will be the following. To know how to fill them correctly, see the article "Create a recurring purchase invoice":
- Interval: T his will identify how often invoices will be issued (Daily, Weekly, Biweekly, Monthly, Bimonthly, Quarterly, Biannual, Annual)
- Start: Date on which the first invoice will be issued
- End: Date when bills will stop issuing
- Next: Date on which the next appellant should be converted into an invoice
- Type: Expense (purchase invoice) or Payroll
- Status: Pending (Recurring with date of issue prior to today for converting to invoice) To date (All recurring companies with date of issue prior to today have been converted to invoices) Completed ( no more invoices will be converted due to the date of completion of the appellant is earlier than today)
- Client: Name of the contact registered in Holded
- Description: The text added in "Internal description" appears when creating the invoice
- Tags: These are tags to easily filter documents
- Account: Corresponds to the expense account , which serves to segment purchases
- Subtotal: This is the tax base (amount x price without taxes )
- Total: Total amount of the invoice , taxes included
- Automatic Conversion : If a symbol appears with two arrows in a circle, it means that the invoice is converted automatically.
Once you have activated the fields, each time a user of the account accesses the list of income, the activated fields will appear by default.
Note: The fields in red will not appear in the list. To activate them, click on them and they will be marked in black .
2) Filter your documents
- Click on Search
- Click on Segments
- Click on Add Filter
Save Segment: in the option "Add Filters" add several filters and click on Save Segment so that the custom filter appears in the Segments drop-down by default .
With these 3 tools you can filter in the list of invoices to quickly find your invoices or export the list you need.
- Search: Enter an invoice number , amount or word that appears in the list
- Segments: Quickly filter by invoice status Convert today, Next 5 days, Next 30 days, Pending , In progress (Up to date), Completed, Manual, Automatic Recurring
- Add Filter: Click on select filter to show the following options;
- Status: Convert today, Next 5 days, Next 10 days, Next 30 days, Pending, In progress, Completed.
- Expense account : Select the expense account to filter for that account.
- Interval: Monthly, Quarterly, Bi-monthly, Bi-annual, Annual, Biweekly, Weekly, Daily
- Conversion: Manual, Automatic
- Type: Select if you want to filter by purchase or payroll invoices
Once you have used the Add filter option and want to return to the full list, click on the Red "Reset" button .
Invoices status: Pending (Recurring with date of issue prior to today for converting to invoice), In progress (all recurring date of issue prior to today have been converted to invoice), Completed (no more invoices will be issued due to the date of termination of the appellant is earlier than today).
3) Edit your recurring invoices
- Click on the "drop-down" button that appears to the right of each invoice line.
Duplicate invoice: Save time by duplicating invoices! If you click on the drop-down to the right of each line of the invoice, the duplicate option will appear . A new invoice will be generated with the same information but a new invoice number.
Are you looking at the list of invoices and want to make changes? To do this, click on Edit.
- Edit: The recurring invoice will be opened with the fields to be edited directly
- Duplicate: A new recurring invoice will be created in edit mode with the same information but with a different invoice number.
- Delete : The recurring invoice will be deleted and will not appear in the list
Delete a recurring invoice: When you delete a recurring invoice, the sales invoices already registered in Holded will NOT be deleted . Only the appellant will be deleted , so it will not be possible to convert the next recurring ones into invoices.
4) Export your recurring invoices
- Click on the drop down arrow located next to the calendar filter.
Tip: Filter by the Pending segment and export your recurring invoices pending conversions to invoices to not forget to send the invoices of monthly instalments to your customers.
- Import: Download the template to import the list of purchase invoices
- Excel: Download the list in excel keeping the filters and dates selected
- PDF: Download the list in PDF keeping the filters and dates selected
5) Make mass actions
- Select several invoices by clicking on the "check box" to the left of the "Date" column
- Click on the corresponding button (expense account, Delete)
From the list of invoices you can download the PDF, send, collect and delete invoices in bulk. In this way you will avoid having to do the process one by one.
- Expense account: It will allow you to change the expense account of several invoices at the same time. It can be useful in case you want to make a better segmentation or make changes because you have added new expense accounts. It will be changed for all the items in the invoice.
- Delete : The invoices will be deleted and they will no longer appear in the list of invoices.
6) Create recurring purchases or payrolls
- Access Purchases> Recurring
- Click on the "Recurring Purchase" or "Recurring Payroll" button
Now that you know the last detail of how the recurring sales list works, we'll show you how to fill out a recurring purchase invoice or recurring payroll !