- Click on the "+" button at the top
- Select the "Payroll" option
Activate the Team app from the Holded store (to get here, click on the grid icon located on the left hand side). Each payroll is assigned to an employee, for this reason, it's best to create employees.
When you start to register payrolls in Holded you'll see that the invoice creation panel offers you a template with the fields to be filled in so that the entries are made automatically.
Payroll creator in PDF: At the moment it's not possible to generate payrolls. It's only possible to register the payrolls at the accounting level .
1) Fill in the payroll data
Creation template: When creating a new payroll by default, the corresponding accounting accounts will appear so that you can post them correctly. These accounts are already registered in Holded by default.
- Employee: Enter the name of the employee in the search engine or add a new one.
- Date: Select the payroll posting date .
- Description: Add a text to be able to identify it in the list of payrolls.
- Tags: Add labels or tags to keep an analytical accounting.
- Default account: In case you want to assign a group account 465 - Pending payment Remuneration for each employee. You'll be able to see the outstanding compensation with each employee separately.
- Files: You can attach the payrolls in PDF
- Payments: Post the payment directly from the payroll assigning the corresponding bank
Upload the payroll in PDF format for your employee: In case you want your employee to be downloaded from the "Employee Portal" the PDFs of the payrolls must have uploaded these to the Documents section, within the Teams app. If you move the document to archives it'll only be reflected internally by Holded.
2) Complete the concepts
- Go to the central block, in "Concept"
- Click on "Save"
Taxes: The default taxes that appear in the payroll (Employee salaries) and (Employee retention ) will be transferred to the Tax section in Holded for the total amount of what is recorded in the "amount" column of the same line.
Amount: Total Accrued
Account: 64000000 (Wages and salaries)
Tax *: 64000000 (Wages and salaries)
- Total SS:
Amount: SS in charge of the company + SS in charge of the worker
Account: 47600000 (Social Security Organisations, creditors)
- SS Company Expense:
Amount: SS in charge of the company
Account: 64200000 (Social Security in charge of the company)
(Salary + Expense SS Company) - (Total SS + IRPF)
Remunerations pending payment: Once you register the payroll and until you add the payment, an automatic entry will be created for the amount to be paid with account 46500000 (Remunerations Pending Payment). Once paid, the entry will appear with the amount assigned to the corresponding bank account.
3) Register the payroll payment
- Go to Purchases (from the invoicing tab) and then click on Payroll
- Click on a payroll to open the payroll editor
- Go to the "Payments" section and click on "Pay"
- Quantity: By default you will see the total amount to be paid. You can change the amount and the outstanding amount will be assigned to the account 465 (Remunerations Pending Payment)
- Date: Select the payment date to then reconcile the movement of the bank statement with the registered payment.
- Account: Choose the bank account that you have previously created from the Treasury section. The payment will be recorded in that bank for the subsequent reconciliation.
Recurring Payroll: Remember that you can register recurring payrolls so you don't have to register payrolls manually every month.
Now you know how to register a payroll in Holded without having to manually make the entries!
Note: The difference between a basic payroll and recurring payroll is that the basic payroll won't recur again, therefore, you won't need to add any information about the frequency of the payroll recurring.
If you choose to create a recurring payment you'll need to choose the interval. This can be Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Bimonthly, Quarterly, Biannually and Annually. You'll also have the option to add an end date.