- Click on the "+" button at the top
- Select the option "Waybill"
1) Fill in the basic data
- Go to the upper information block within the waybill creator
- Document Number: A document number will be assigned automatically based on the number lines you have created. You can edit the number line if you need to, just click on settings and then go to the Documents tab.
- Destination: Corresponds to the name of the customer to whom you want to send the merchandise or the name of one of your stores.
- Date: It will be filled in automatically with today's date, since that is when the waybill is issued.nHolded allows you to edit this date in case you want to post past waybills.
- Due date: Select a due date of the waybill . You can select a day from the calendar or mark the option of 30, 60 or a certain number of days.
2) Concept and other elements
- Concept: Type the concept or select the item using the magnifying glass or the @ button
- Description: Add the explanation about the added concept to specify the details of the product or service. If you select a product, this will be filled in automatically
- Quantity: Specify the number of units . This will be used to calculate the Total (units x Price + Tax)
- Price: Specifies the amount without taxes of the product. This will automatically be completed when selecting a product with the "magnifying glass"
- Taxes: Select a tax from the database (for example, 21% VAT, 19% Withholding, Export or Equivalence Surcharge). The contact, product and account taxes in this preference will appear by default.
- Total: This will be calculated automatically when adding the price and units . If you modify this, it will change the value of the "price" column automatically.
- Message visible on the waybill: If you want to add a specific message for the waybill add the information here and it'll appear in the waybill. This message will be visible to your clients.
- Add custom fields: Add additional information (eg: Order number), the custom fields are boxes that include open text boxes, so each time you can enter new information whenever you create a new document. You can create a custom waybill template which will always display specific custom fields.
- Payment methods: Select the payment methods that you have already created so that this appears in the PDF of the waybill. This field is informative and has no effect on the accounting level.
Group concepts in a waybill: Sometimes when creating a waybill you may want to include several lines under the same concept or you may simply want to add a description for the concepts below. Find out more about tips and options available for waybills
Autocomplete: The fields of the waybill will automatically be completed in the following order of priority:
1) Contact preferences
2) Product preferences
3) Company preferences
For example, adding a contact to the waybill will fill in the due date , payment , numbering line, taxes, sales channel * discount * rate * tags * currency * assigned to that contact automatically. If you haven't specified this information in the contact, you'll see the information in the product and you'll also be able to see this information in the settings (gear wheel) under the preferences tab.
* Fields not yet shown in the article
3) Fill in the advanced options
- Click on the Edit button
- Then click "Options"
Automatic currency exchange: When choosing a currency different from the one assigned to the company's account, the change corresponding to today's day will be applied. If you want you can edit the change manually.
Clicking on "Options" will open a dropdown with the following options:
- Warehouse: Select the warehouse of origin of the product
- Numbering: The numbering line assigned to the contact or default will appear. You can select one of the ones you created.
- Discount: Add the discount amount as a number and the % discount will be applied to the total of the waybill.
- Language: Select the language for the waybill to appear in. By default, if you've already set a language in the preferences tab within the settings, this language will appear.
- Currency: Select the currency in which the waybill will appear and in case you want to manually edit the change click on "Save" the waybill and click again on "Edit" and the "Options" button. You can then manually change the change.
- Document Mode: Depending on the option you choose, more or less fields will appear in the PDF of the waybill. By default the Items option will appear in the active column Quantity . If you activate the Time option, the Hours & Price / Time columns will appear, while if you activate the Total option the Quantity column will disappear. Lastly, if you select the option Without taxes in the summary of the waybill, the amount of the tax breakdown will not appear.
- Design: Select one of the PDF template models that you have created.
- Rate: Assign one of the rates you have previously created.
- Detailed description: Activate the option to add a previous text field to the PDF table.
- Valid waybill : So that in our document appears the monetary value of the products that the waybill contains.
- Show weight: To include the weight of the products in your waybill, you only have to activate this box and enter the value
- Discount per product: When activating the option a new column will be added in the table you will be able to apply a discount for each product line.
* Check your Configuration: These fields are predefined by the information in Settings then click on Preferences. If for example, you think that the numbering line or the currency of a waybill is not correct, it may be because the contact has different information than the account configuration . Click on the contact and edit to check the information already configured in Holded.
4) Assign a sales channel
- Go to the lower right block of information
- Click on the assigned sales account (default: 70000000 Merchandise Sales)
Start typing to find or create a new sales account.
- Sales Channel: Select an account to assign the waybill to a sales channel and segment your sales by channels. They must always be accounts of sales or income groups (70, 75, 76 or 77)
- Account for item: Check the box to be able to assign a sales channel per waybill line.
Reporting by sales account: Once you have created several sales channels and you have assigned the waybill you can analyse within the Reporting section how much you have sold for each sales channel.
5) Use the tags or labels
- Click on the "+" button at the top
- Select the option "Waybill"
In Holded, you can add add tags to your waybills in order to export customised Reports.
- Tags: Start typing to search or create a new tag or tag
- Tags by item: Check the box to be able to assign a sales channel per waybill line
6) Preview and save the waybill
- Go to the top right of the screen
- Click on the "preview" button
- Click on the "Save" button
Before saving the document you can preview it to make sure it has the format you need.
- Preview: Click on preview and this will appear with the format and information of the waybill
- Save: Remember to save the changes every time you edit a waybill
Don't forget to click save: In Holded there is no automatic saving available at the moment, so we recommend that you save the changes you make in the waybills to avoid loss of information.
7) Save a waybill as a draft
If you have created a waybill and don't want to create an official waybill document just yet, you can save the waybill as a draft.
To save a waybill as a draft, all you need to do is click on the waybill editor (waybill and then click edit or when you click on + and then waybill, it'll automatically present you with a waybill to complete). You'll find the draft button located below the tags section. Check that box and your waybill will be saved as a draft 😊
You can then refer back to all your draft documents by clicking on the draft filter located in the segments section. This will enable you to edit the documents you need to.
Now you can create waybills and to make it easier for you, you could create these as drafts so that you can easily refer back to them in the future.