You can create sales orders in Holded in just a few minutes. Please note that if you'd like to maximise the efficiency and management of your sales orders adding the Inventory app to your Holded account will enable you to have full control of your business.
How to create a sales order
- Click on the "+" (this can be found at the top of the screen
- Select the option "sales order"
Create a sales order in Holded, it's very fast and easy, in less than 1 minute you'll be able to create one.
1) Fill in the basic data
- Go to the upper information block within the a new sales order and follow the below steps:
- Document Number: A document number will be assigned automatically based on the number lines you have created. You'll still be able to edit the number if you want to.
- Contact: Select a contact that already exists, or create a new one by typing the name and clicking "add".
- Date: This will be filled in automatically with today's date, since it is when the sales order is issued. Holded allows you to edit this date, in case you want to post past orders.
- Due date: Select a due date for the sales order. You can select a day from the calendar or mark the option of 30, 60 or a certain number of days.
What is the due date? The due date is the deadline for collection. This is usually added as a fixed date (March 11, 2020) or in the number of days for example, 30, 60, 90.
2) Complete the elements table
- Go to the central information block
Select item: Click on the "magnifying glass" button or type @ in the concept line to select a product that you have previously registered in Holded. By adding them, they will be identified with a "tag" symbol to differentiate them from the concepts added by hand.
- Concept: Write the concept or select the item using the magnifying glass or the @ button
- Description: Add an explanation about the added concept to specify the details of the product or service. If you select a created product this will be filled in automatically.
- Quantity: Specify the number of units . This will be used to calculate the Total (units x Price + Tax)
- Price: Specifies the amount without taxes of the product. It will be filled automatically when selecting a product with the "magnifying glass"
- Taxes: Select a tax from the database (for example, 21% VAT, 19% Withholding, Export or Equivalence Surcharge). The contact, product and account taxes in this preference will appear by default.
- Total: This will be calculated automatically when adding the price and units . If you want to modify this you can, this will then change the value of the "price" column automatically.
- Visible message in the sales order: If you want to add a specific message for this order and that appears in the PDF of the order, you can do so in this section.
- Add custom fields: Add additional information by using custom fields
- Payment method: Select the payment method that you have created so that it appears in the PDF of the sales order. This field is merely informative and has no effect on the accounting.
Group concepts in an order: Sometimes when creating an order we want to include several lines under the same concept or we simply want to add a description for the concepts shown below it.
Autocomplete: The fields of the order will be filled in automatically in the following order of priority:
1) Preferences of the contact
2) Preferences of the product
3) Preferences of the company
For example when adding a contact to the sales order, the due date, payment method, invoice numbering, taxes, sales channel * discount * rate * tags * currency* assigned to that contact will be added automatically. If you haven't specified this information in the contact, you'll see the information in the product.
* Fields not yet presented in the article, more information below:
3) Fill in the advanced options
- Go to the upper information block
- Click on the "Options" button
Automatic currency exchange: When choosing a currency different from the one assigned to the company's account, the change corresponding to today's day will be applied. If you want you can edit the change manually.
Clicking on "Options" will open a dropdown with the following options:
- Origin: The warehouse origin
- * Numbering: The numbering line assigned to the contact or by default will appear. You can select one of the ones you created.
- * Discount: add a discount, this will be applied to the total of the order.
- * Language: Select the language in which you want the order fields to appear in PDF format. By default the selected one will appear in Settings> Preferences.
- * Currency: Select the currency in which the order will appear and in case you want to manually edit the change click on "Save" the order and click again on "Edit" and the "Options" button. You can then manually change the change.
- * Document Mode: Depending on the option you choose, more or less fields will appear in the PDF of the order. By default the Items option will appear in the active column Quantity . If you activate the Time option, the Hours & Price / Time columns will appear, while if you activate the Total option the Quantity column will disappear. Finally, if you select the option Without taxes in the summary of the order, the amount of the tax breakdown will not appear .
- * Design: Select one of the PDF template models that you have created.
- * Rate: Assign one of the rates you have previously created.
- Detailed description: Activate the option to add a previous text field to the PDF table.
- Discount per product: When activating the option a new column will be added in the table you will be able to apply a discount for each product line.
- Order completed: Check this box to indicate that this order is already completed
* Check your Configuration: These fields are predefined by the information in Settings> Preferences. If, for example, you believe that the numbering line or currency of an order is not correct, it may be because the contact has different information than the account configuration . Click on the contact and edit to check it.
4) Assign a sales channel
- Go to the lower right block of information
- Click on the assigned sales account(default: 70000000 Merchandise Sales)
Start typing to find or create a new sales account.
- Sales Channel: Select an account to assign the order to a sales channel and to segment your sales by channels. They must always be accounts of sales or income groups (70, 75, 76 or 77)
- Account by item: Check the box to be able to assign a sales channel per invoice line.
5) Use the tags or labels
- Click on the "+" button at the top
- Select the option "sales order"
Holded allows you to add labels to your orders in order to export customised Reports.
- Tags: Start typing to search or create a new tag or add an existing tag
- Tags by item: Check the box to be able to assign a sales channel per line item
6) Preview and save the order
- Click on the "Preview" button
- Click "Save"
Before saving the document, you can preview it to make sure it has the format you need.
- Preview: Click and the PDF will appear with the format and information of the order.
- Save: Remember to save the changes every time you edit an order.
Don't forget to save: In Holded there is no automatic saving options at the moment, so we recommend saving the changes you make in the order to avoid loss of information.