Creating a pro forma in Holded is easy to do and this will only take you a few minutes.
- Access Sales
- Access the Pro forma section
What is a pro forma?
A pro-forma invoice is a preliminary bill of sale sent to buyers in advance of a shipment or delivery of goods. The invoice will typically describe the purchased items and other important information such as the shipping weight and transport charges.
Customise your pro forma list
Once you have created proforms, you will be able to filter these in the Proforms page.
Segments - use the segments option to filter your quotes by the status
- Not billed
- Partially billed
Grid icon filter
Click on the grid icon to filter the quotes further, the fields that are in red are fields that are currently not in your Quotes page view. To add this, all you need to do is click on the filter name and this will be added to your current view.
This will enable you to customise what you'd like to see and what information you'd like to hide.
This filter option will include the following:
- Date: the date the pro-forma was created
- Num: this is the pro-forma document number (this is used as a reference point and each quote should have a unique number assigned automatically)
- Due: this is the quote approval due date
- Client: this is the contact the invoice is sent to
- Description: this will include any information you entered when you created the invoice
- Tags: a tag is a way you can differentiate products or contacts in Holded. These can be used for reporting and filtering purposes, and are a great way to classify your documents, products and contacts in Holded.
- Channel: this is the sales channel linked to this quote, when you create a quote you'll need to add this to a sales channel
- P.method: this is the payment method associated with the quote
- Subtotal: this is the subtotal of a quote before any additional costs are added
- Taxes: you will then be able to see all the taxes you have used in your Holded account followed by any new tax items you have created. These will appear in red but you can add this to you column view by clicking on the name
- Total: this is the quote total after additional costs have been added (e.g taxes)
- Total billed: this is the total amount paid
- Billed: No, Yes or Partially
- Email icon: You will also see an email icon located next to the updated date. This means that you have sent this quote to your client. This is a great way to keep track of all the quotes you are still waiting to send or have sent
+ Add filter
In the quotes section, you'll be able to filter by additional values by clicking on the + Add filter button. You'll be able to filter further by the following options:
- Sales channel
- Document numbering
- Payment method
Emails sent: Once the pro formas are sent, an envelope will appear to the right of each line of the list. The grey envelope informs users that the email has been sent and the blue envelope corresponds to sent and read by your client.
You now know what the pro forma section will offer, so you can start managing your pro formas quickly and efficiently 😊