Creating quotes in Holded is easy to do and you can email quotes to your contacts immediately!
- Click on the "+" button at the top
- Select the "Quote" option
How to create a quote:
Tip: Don't forget that you can create your quotes in a draft stage!
To create a quote, all you need to do is click on the + from the top of the Holded page and click on Quote. Below is a step by step on how to create a quote from this page and what to include
Tip: Create contacts from quotes: Each time you register a quote you can add a new contact without having to go to the Contacts section. All you need to do is type the name of the contact and click on the "+ add" button.
- Assign a contact to the quote (this needs to be the contact you wish to address the quote to). To do this you can either search for a contact or you can create a new contact directly from this field
- Document Number: you can keep the default document number or you can change this to a number of your choice.
- Date: this is the date that the quote has been created, this will automatically show as the current date
- Due date: select the due date from the calendar option available. This is the date that the quote is due, this will show as due date in the client's portal where they will be able to see the deadline for the quote. Your client will be able to click on accept or reject.
What is the due date? The due date is the deadline for quote approval
2) Complete the elements of the table
Concepts & costs
A Concept is referring to either a product or service you are charging in the quote. So this can be a product or service you have created in Holded, or a unique entry that you add for the quote. For example, if you were charging a customer for the management of a project, you could add the name of the project and the price associated with this.
- Add a description - this will be displayed in the quote, below the Concept field.
- Enter the quantity in the Amount text box and the price per item in the Price text box. You can also enter a discount and taxes to this line.
- The Total will be calculated automatically depending on the amount, price, discount and tax values you've entered.
- To add another concept line, all you need to do is click on Add line (located below the concept box)
Visible messages and payment methods
You'll then see an option to add a description to the quote. Please note that this will be visible on the quote.
Dynamic words are are text replacements that are automatically adjusted according to a contact's information. For example, you can use [name] and this will display a specific contacts name. You can use sending your documents, invoices, quotes, orders, and additional documents, Dynamic Words can really improve your efficiency.
Select a payment method for the quote. Please note that payment methods are created and managed in Settings > Payment methods.You'll need to create a default payment method(s) in the settings of your account, in order to select and display this on the quote.
Account and tags
Select an account to associate with this quote, this will appear as one of your accounting accounts. You can select an account from the default options available, to do this, just start typing. If you wish to create a new account, just type the name you would like to add and click add. Add tags so that you can find the quote quicker in your Holded account.
Collect via PayPal
You'll have the option to include a payment method, in this case you can include on the quote that the ayment will be collected by PayPal. To do this, all you need to do is click on this option which will be displayed at the bottom of the page. In order to successfully collect a payment via PayPal, you'll need to turn on the app in the Holded store and configure your account.
Choose the account you would like to associate the quote to, these are your sales account.
This is referring to internal description, this will not be shown to the client and it's only for your use. The information you enter here will appear in your list of quotes within Holded.
A tag is a way you can differentiate products or contacts in Holded. These can be used for reporting and filtering purposes, and are a great way to classify your documents, products and contacts in Holded.
This will save your quote as a draft. You won't be able to send this to your client until you have unchecked the draft button from the editing options of the quote. The draft stage is a great way for you to create quotes and check these before you confirm the quote, this will save you time as you will easily be able to go back to this.
For additional options and possibilities of editing a quote, click on Options (located next to Preview). You'll be able to add the following information:
The additional options will include the following:
- Set the Numeration (whether this is manually completed or automatically generated numeration by the internal numbering. The internal numbering can be edited in the configuration settings of your account.
- Add a discount
- Select the quote language
- Select the currency you wish the quote to appear in
- Choose the display mode for the quote: this can be displayed by items, time, total or no taxes.
- You will then see a few checkboxes located on the right hand side next to the display mode. You will have the option to add a long description, enter the discount per product and display supplied.
- You can select the design template you would like to use by clicking on the documents template option. For more information on how to add or edit templates in your account, check out this article.
- An additional option is for you to enter Facturae fields, here you'll find a range of options to include.
3. Assign a sales channel
- Go to the lower right block of information
- Click on the assigned sales account (default: 70000000 Sales)
Start typing to find or create a new sales account.
- Sales Channel: Select an account to assign the quote to a sales channel and to segment your sales by channels. They must always be accounts of sales or income groups (70, 75, 76 or 77)
- Sales account for item: Check the box to be able to assign a sales channel per quote line.
4. Add tags
Start typing to search or create a new tag. Tags by item: Check the box to be able to assign a sales channel per quote line.
By clicking on preview, you'll be able to see the quote you have just created.
You can always edit a quote once this has been created by clicking on the drop down arrow to the right of the quote view field and then click edit.