You can easily create sales receipt in Holded to manage your purchases.
A sales receipt is a document that is proof of a sale and this shows the date a purchase was made. You can expect to find the following fields in a sales receipt:
- The products/services purchased
- Amounts (quantity of product(s) /service(s)
- Prices per item
- The method of payment used
- Additional fields (you can customise your documents in Holded by clicking on the add custom field)
How to create a sales receipt:
To create a sales invoice, all you need to do is click on the + from the top of the Holded page and then click on sales invoice. Below is a step by step on how to create a sales invoice and what to include
- Assign a contact to the sales invoice (this needs to be the contact you wish to address the invoice to). To do this you can either search for a contact or you can create a new contact directly from this field.
- Select the date and due date from the calendar option
A Concept is referring to either a product or service you are charging in the Invoice. So this can be a product or service within Holded, or a unique entry that you add for that invoice. For example, if you were charging a customer for the management of a project, you could add the name of the project and the price associated with this.
- Add a description - this will be displayed in the sales invoice, below the Concept field.
- Enter the quantity in the Amount text box and the price per item in the Price text box. You can also enter a discount and taxes to this line.
- The Total will be calculated automatically depending on the amount, price, discount and tax values you've entered.
- To add another concept line, all you need to do is click on Add line (located below the concept box)
Visible messages and payment methods
You'll then see an option to add a description to the sales invoice field and to add dynamic words. Dynamic words are are text replacements that are automatically adjusted according to a contact's information. For example, you can use [name] for example, and this will display a specific contacts name. You can use sending your documents, invoices, quotes, sales orders, and additional documents, Dynamic Words can really improve your efficiency.
Select a payment method for the invoice. Please note that payment methods are created and managed in Settings under the Payment methods tab. You'll need to create a default payment method(s) in the settings, in order to select and display this on the invoice.
Account and tags
Select an account to associate with the invoice, this will appear as one of your accounting accounts. You can select an account from the default options available, to do this, just start typing. If you wish to create a new account, just type the name you would like to add and click add.
Collect via PayPal
You'll have the option to collect the payment for this invoice by PayPal. To do this, all you need to do is click on this option which will be displayed at the bottom of the page. In order to successfully collect a payment via PayPal, you'll need to turn on the app in the Holded store and configure your account.
For additional options and possibilities of editing a sales invoice, click on Options (located next to Preview). You'll be able to add the following information:
The additional options will include the following:
- Set the Numeration (whether this is manually completed or automatically generated numeration by the internal numbering). The internal numbering can be edited in the settings of your Holded account.
- Add a discount
- Select the invoice document language
- Select the currency you wish the invoice to appear in
- Choose the display mode for the invoice: this can be displayed by items, time, total or no taxes.
- You'll then see a few checkboxes located on the right hand side next to the display mode. You'll have the option to add a long description, enter the discount per product and display supplied.
- You can select the design template you would like to use by clicking on the documents template option. For more information on how to add or edit templates in your account, check out this article.
- An additional option is for you to enter Facturae fields, here you'll find a range of options to include.
By clicking on preview, you'll be able to see the invoice you have just created. You can always edit an invoice once this has been created by clicking on the drop down arrow to the right of the invoice view field and click edit.
You'll now be able to create sales receipts easily!