Holded Projects app
What is a Project?
A project is a task or series of tasks that have an end goal, projects always have an end date and this typically comprise of a project scope, plan, implementation and testing stage. The main components of a project include a time scale, resources, time and costs.
How to create your first project in Holded
Below is a step by step on how you can create a project in Holded:
- Click on the Projects app, then click on Add a project
- Enter a project name > click create
- You will then find the following information at the top of the projects page Projects > In process > Project Name > Tasks . This part will show you the project status
- You will then find a drop down filter, Pending, Completed and All. This will change according to the status of the project.
- You will also find 3 tabs, 1) Tasks 2) Documents and 3) Summary
- To start creating a project add a task in the pending stage ( this means that this task has not been completed and this is currently in process). Add a task in the review (this means that this task has been started and is currently either being reviewed or this is currently on hold until there is further progress. This is a place to add any tasks that need to be reviewed further by team members or by higher management for example). Once a task has been completed, you can add this here or change the status of a task to completed.
Once you have added all the tasks and you have completed one, you can add even more information:
- You can assign labels to your project, labels are a way that you can manage your projects and filter information, either by the app or by reports. You can choose from the following and you can add more than one label to a project: New, Confirmed, Fixed and Urgent. If the label has been found, this can be added and this will appear in green. If you can't add a label as it can't be found, this will appear in red and won't be added to your project.
- You can then edit the description of your tasks and add any comments from the field and text boxes provided
- If you add a comment, this will be sent to your admin of the company and they will receive an email informing them of a new comment to a task.
- Assign a task to a contact or team member. To do this all you need to do is click on the drop down list Unassigned, this is the default option and this can be changed instantly. This will show the company of the Holded account, so the user in this case and if you have contacts created in your Holded account, this will show as a list for you to choose from.
- You can select a start date and an end date. Please note that the start date will automatically be todays date (the date you click on create task )
- Featured: if you would like this task to marked as important or for it to stand out so it can't be missed, mark this as featured. This will then appear in your tasks with a red circle. This will stand out and this will enable you to manage your tasks in a more efficient manner and you will be able to see which tasks need to have more urgent attention. This is a visual way to show its importance.
- You can then mark this as completed or you'll have the option to delete this task
To see all the tasks marked as completed, click on the tasks tab > change the drop down filter to completed, (this is automatically set to pending). You will then find the task highlighted in green.
Changing the status of a task from Pending to Completed and vice versa
Once you have added further information to a task, you'll have the option to change the status of the task to pending from completed and completed to pending. To do this follow the next steps
- Once you have a task completed, go to the completed list and click on the task, you will then find the option mark as pending located at the bottom of the task edit page. Once you click this, the task will then change status to show as pending. You will then be able to find this in the pending filter from the tasks tab in the projects app.
- This is a great way to ensure that you're tasks are 100% completed and this gives you that further option of modifying information related to projects
You are now ready to start creating projects and assigning tasks in the Holded Projects app 🌟