What is the purpose of adding documents to your project?
Adding a document to your project will automatically calculate your expenses, sales and quotes. For example, if you add a purchase order to your project, the expense of this document will be added to your project.
By adding documents, you are able to easily add all the information necessary to your project and this means that you don't have to manually calculate anything as the Holded system will do this automatically for you.
What is a document?
A document is referring to an invoice, sales receipt, sales order, purchase, purchase refund, order or a quote (this is a form of estimate).
Please note: You can only add documents that you have already created in your Holded account.
How to add a document to your projects
To add a document to the Holded projects app, you'll first need to ensure that you have the projects app enabled. Once you have this, follow the next steps:
- Click on Projects > select a project > click on Documents from the tab located at the top of the page
- Expenses documents: To add a document to form an expense to the project, click on the Expenses tab > Add document. For the expenses, the documents you can add will be a purchase, order or purchase refund.
- Sales documents: To add a document to calculate your sales, click on the Sales tab > Add document. For sales, the documents you can add will be invoices, sales receipts and sales orders
- Quotes documents: To add a document to calculate your quotes, click on the Quotes tab > Add document, here you'll be able to add your quote
- Once you have added the documents to your project, you'll be able to see a summary of theexpenses, sales and quotes within the documents section
If you would like to modify any documents, all you need to do is click on the Edit button. If you would like to delete a document from the documents section, click on the red bin. This will then remove the document from your project and this will be updated in the summary.
You now know how to add documents to your projects to save time, calculate all the associated costs and manage projects quickly but efficiently ✅