Beta: Holded academy is currently in beta phase. Check back regularly to see new articles posted daily!
- Click Sales from the sidebar
- Click on Invoices
Sending Invoices: Once the invoices are sent, an envelope will appear to the right of each line of the list. The grey envelope will be displayed when the email has been sent, while the blue envelope corresponds to sent and read by your client.
To see your invoices, click on Sales > Invoices. Here you'll find a list of all your invoices, sales receipts, etc.
What is an invoice?
An invoice is an official document issued by a seller to a buyer, relating to a sale transaction. This document identifies the products, quantities, and agreed prices for products/ services the seller had provided to the buyer. Find out more about invoices here
Customise your invoice list
An invoice list is all the options available to you when you create a new invoice in Holded, this will include the below fields:
Contacts: Assign a contact to your invoices (this needs to be the contact you wish to address the invoice to). To do this you can either search for a contact or you can create a new contact directly from this field
Date: Select the date and due date from the calendar option
Concepts: A Concept is referring to either a product or service you are charging in the Invoice. So this can be a product or service within Holded, or a unique seats that you add for that invoice. For example, if you were charging a customer for the management of a project, you could add the name of the project and the price associated with this.
Description: Add a description - this will be displayed in the sales invoice, below the Concept field.
Quantity and amount: in the Amount text box and the price per item in the Price text box. You can also enter a discount and taxes to this line.
Total: will be calculated automatically depending on the amount, price, discount and tax values you've entered.
Visible messages : The information you add here will be displayed on the documents
Payment methods: Select a payment method for the invoice.
Account and tags: Select an account to associate with this invoice. A tag is a way you can differentiate products or contacts in Holded
Collect via PayPal: You will have the option to collect the payment for this invoice by PayPal.
For additional options and possibilities of editing a sales invoice, click on Options (located next to Preview). You'll be able to add the following information:
The additional options will include the following:
- Set the Numeration (whether this is manually completed or automatically generated numeration by the internal numbering. The internal numbering can be edited in the configuration settings of your account.
- Add a discount
- Select the invoice language
- Select the currency you wish the invoice to appear in
- Choose the display mode for the invoice: this can be displayed by items, time, total or no taxes.
- You will then see a few checkboxes located on the right hand side next to the display mode. You will have the option to add a long description, enter the discount per product and display supplied.
- You can select the design template you would like to use by clicking on the documents template option. For more information on how to add or edit templates in your account, check out this article.
- An additional option is for you to enter Facturae fields, here you'll find a range of options to include.
By clicking on preview, you'll be able to see the invoice you have just created. You can always edit an invoice once this has been created by clicking on the drop down arrow to the right of the invoice view field > click edit.
That's everything you need to know about invoices, now all you need to do is click on + > Invoice to start creating one!