- Access Inventory from the navigation bar
- Select Products
Holded offers you different methods to modify the stock of your products.
Modifying the stock of your products
Update the stock from each product
Remember that to add more than one warehouse in Holded you will need to activate the Inventory gem from the Holded Store.
With this option, you will be able to view and modify the stock of a given product in each warehouse. Follow the steps below to make the stock adjustment.
- Select a product
- Click on Update stock
- Enter the units you want to add or subtract in the field next to Add
To add units, enter the quantity in positive, while to subtract stock, use a negative sign.
- Include a description if you want to remember any details about this operation
- Indicate the date of the stock adjustment
- Click the Confirm button
Import stock manually from scratch
Learn more about manual product import in this article
If you intend to import products into Holded using our Excel template, you can take the opportunity to include the initial stock for each of your products.
This option is only valid when importing products. If you already have the products registered in Holded and you import them again, they will be duplicated. To update the stock of existing products on the platform in bulk, follow the instructions detailed in the following section Mass update of the stock of products already registered in Holded.
- Access the three-point menu (⋮)
- Click on Import products
- Select the type of product or category from the dropdown (Simple, Variants, Lots, Serial numbers)
- Click on Download a sample in csv/excel to download the import template
- Fill in the information in the Excel template and in the Stock column add the corresponding number of units
- Save the spreadsheet in Excel or CSV format
- Go back to the Import products option from the three-point menu (⋮)
- Click on Add file
- Select the Excel or CSV format document that you saved earlier
- Check that the information and the order of the columns is correct
- Confirm the action
Mass update of the stock of products already registered in Holded
You can manage in bulk the stock of products you've already entered in Holded. You can do so by using templates or from the platform itself. Check out the articles listed below to learn how.
Add or deduct stock when creating a document
Once you have added the initial stock of your products, you can have the stock automatically deducted when creating documents on the platform.
Learn more here about the stock systems available in Holded
Remember that if you work with products with lots and serial numbers, you have the option to archive those you have already sold to see only the available numbers and streamline the management of your orders and invoices.
- Create your invoices from Sales and enter the number of products included for the system to take them into account
Learn here how to create an invoice in Holded
- Create purchase or sales orders from Inventory and manage stock from each of your products
Find out here how to use orders in Holded to manage the stock of your products.