If you have already registered your products on the platform, you can modify the stock in different ways. Let's take a look at the methods you can use below.
- Access Inventory from the navigation bar
- Select Products
Modify the stock of your products
Update the stock from each product
Remember that to add more than one warehouse in Holded you will need to activate the Inventory Pro Gem from the Holded Store.
With this option you will be able to view and modify the stock of a given product in each warehouse. Follow the steps below to make the stock adjustment.
- Select a product
- Click on Update stock
- Choose the warehouse where you want the stock adjustment to be made in the dropdown below
- Enter the units you want to add to or subtract from the current units in the Update column
- Click the Update button
To add units, enter the quantity in positive, while to subtract stock, use a negative sign.
Add stock when importing products
If you intend to import products into Holded using our Excel template, you can take the opportunity to include the initial stock for each of your products.
- Access the three-point menu
- Select the Import products option
- Download the import template
- Fill in the information in the Excel template and in the Stock column add the corresponding number of units
- Save the information again as Excel format
- Go back to the Import products option from the three-point menu and select the document you have saved
- Confirm the action
This option is only valid when importing products. If you already have the products registered in Holded and you import them again, they will be duplicated. To update the stock of existing products on the platform in bulk, follow the instructions detailed in the following section Update stock in bulk.
Update stock in bulk
With this option you can update the stock information of several products at once.
- Access the three-point menu in the upper right corner
- Select the Import/Update option
- You will be directed to a new screen that includes the import templates available in Holded, divided by category
- Go to the Inventory category
- Select the Update products option
- Download the template, edit the Add units column to indicate the number of units you want to be included or subtracted
- Save the document in Excel format
- Go back to the same window from where you downloaded the template and upload the document you just edited from the field Select or drag the import file here
- Confirm the action
This option will not update the stock with the number that appears in the Excel file. It will only add or subtract units based on what is reported in the template.
Add or deduct stock when creating a document
Once you have added the initial stock of your products you can have the stock automatically deducted when creating documents on the platform.
Learn more here about the stock systems available in Holded
Remember that if you work with products with lots and serial numbers, you have the option to archive those you have already sold to see only the available numbers and streamline the management of your orders and invoices.
- Create your invoices from Sales and enter the number of products included for the system to take it into account
Learn here how to create an invoice in Holded
- Create purchase or sales orders from Inventory and manage stock from each of your products
Find out here how to use orders in Holded to manage the stock of your products.