To start creating a Product Pack, go to the Products tab from your Holded account & click on Add product
Beta: Holded academy is currently in beta phase. Check back regularly to see new articles posted daily!
What is a product?
A product is an item that is for sale, this can be a service or an item. The inventory app will enable you to manage your products and ensure that the stock levels are accurate.
A product pack is a group of products that are sold as a pack (multiple products sold as one).
How to create a product pack
To create a product in lots, follow the next steps:
- First you will need to create a product, from your Holded account click on the products tab located in the left hand side nav bar.
- Click on New product
- Basic information: You'll then need to complete the Basic information section for the product. Enter a product name and a description so that you can always refer back to this. The description box is a great field for you to enter any relevant information for you and others to use to differentiate between your products in your portfolio.
- Organisation: Add tags to your product (A tag is a way you can differentiate products or contacts in Holded. These can be used for reporting and filtering purposes and are a great way to classify your documents, products and contacts in Holded). Enter a value in the type field, to do this you'll need to have created a type. If you have not done so already, just click on the +New type button below the text box field. You will then be prompted to enter a name and description, then click save. Add further information in the next boxes of types you have created.
- Tracking: from this field, select the option: product pack. If you haven't already created a product pack in Holded, all you need to do is click Add item. In order to proceed to create a product pack, you'll need to have an existing product in Holded. If you don't have this, all you need to do is click on products from the left hand side nav bar > new product and complete the following information. If you already have an existing product, all you need to do is click on a product from the list of your products. You can select more than one item and this will appear in your Holded account as a product pack. To confirm the items, just click on the side of the page and you'll see the products added. Complete the next sections to successfully . create a product pack.
- Rates: Enter information regarding the rates, here you'll need to enter a value for the subtotal, taxes (you'll be able to choose a specific tax item) . Please note: the subtotal or total will be calculated automatically
- Inventory: In this section you will need to add information regarding the product in further detail to increase the efficiency of your inventory management. Enter an SKU (stock keeping unit is a unique set of numbers assigned to a product). You will then be able to enter a barcode and factory code associated to the product. You will have the potion to add the weight of the product.
- Track stock: if you turn this option on, Holded will automatically track the stock for this item and this will be up to date in real time according to any information you change or modify for the product. Tracking stock will enable you to have up to date information all the time and this will enable you to manage your products efficiently. After you have completed these options, you will need to enter a value for the product amount.
- Purchases: After you have entered information in the inventory section, you will need to complete the following fields in the purchases section. Select a supplier from the text box, to do this, just start typing a name and this should appear if your contact already exists in your contact field. If not, you will have the opportunity to add a name wit the +add: option. Add a cost for the product and any taxes, if you do not wish to add any taxes, you can keep this box with the default value No taxes.
- Tracking: in this field to create a product with lots, you'll need to choose product with lots from the list of options. Please note: Tracking only appears if you have activated the Inventory app. To do this, just go the Holded store.
- Advanced options: Once you have completed all the fields in the sections mentioned above, you will have the option to add any advanced options. If the product is currently for sale, just click this box and it should be highlighted with a blue tick. Select a sales account from the next text box (this is an accounting account that will appear in your ledger. Next you'll have the option to check whether this is for purchase. If you would like this to be tracked as a product that's used for purchase, just click this box and the field should show a blue tick box.
- Warehouse: Add a warehouse for your product, this is a way to know the source/ location of your products. Adding warehouses in Holded will enable you to keep track of all your products.
- Images: At the bottom of the page, you'll have the option to add images of your product.This a great way for you to manage your products in a visual manner from your Holded account.
- Click Save! You are now ready to start creating product packs