Create payrolls in Holded to manage your employees wages.
Beta: Holded Academy is currently in beta. Check back regularly to stay up to date on our newest features!
Create a payroll
What is a payroll?
A payroll is a way to manage your employees wages. This outlines the the total amount of wages paid by your company.
There are 2 ways you can create a payroll in Holded: from the Invoicing app, or from the Team app. The Invoicing app enables you to create a payroll only as an expense for your accounting, while Team includes this along with a holistic HR management tool.
The difference between the Team and Invoicing apps, in relation to payroll, is that Team is dedicated to team management, which makes easier to view payroll in the context of the rest of an employees data. In particular, if you have recurring payrolls, this is easier to see and maintain with Team. In Invoicing, under Recurring Payments is where you can find the payrolls. However, this will also include all your purchases that are recurring so this may not be as easy for you to filter through.
To create a payroll in the Invoicing app click on Invoicing > Purchases > Payroll, then click New payroll or New payroll.
To create a payroll in the Team app, click on Team > Payrolls, then click New payroll or New recurring payroll.
Create a payroll
- To start creating payrolls with the Invoicing app, click on the Purchases tab, and click on Payrolls. You'll find the option to either create a new payroll, or a new recurring payroll. From the team app, click on Payrolls > New payroll. Please note that if you add the payroll to team, it will be automatically visible in invoicing and vice versa.
- Search for an employee. If you have not already created a contact, you will be able to do so in the text box- just start typing and you'll see the + add option:
- Add the date the payroll is issued.
- Add any information you would like to make a note of for this payroll.
- Add your required amounts, and choose an account and tax item.
- Add tags: a tag is a way you can differentiate products or contacts in Holded. These can be used for reporting and filtering purposes and are a great way to classify your documents, products and contacts in Holded.
- Attach any files you need to the contact.
- If you would like to indicate that this payroll has been paid, all you need to do is click the checkbox. This will then provide you with an option to choose a cash account and date.
Note: The difference between a basic payroll and recurring payroll is that the basic payroll will not recur again, therefore you won't need to add any information about the frequency of the payroll recurring.
If you choose to create a recurring payment you'll need to choose the interval. This can be Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Bimonthly, Quarterly, Biannually and Annually. You'll also have the option to add an end date.