Beta: Holded Academy is currently in beta. Check back regularly to see new articles posted daily!
- An employee is an individual that works your company.
- A contract is a set of regulations laid out in a document, and is an agreement between an employee and an organisation.
- An employee contract is a contract which sets out the terms and conditions of their employment in a company which is agreed to and understood by both parties.
How to create a contract
To start creating a contract go to the Holded store and ensure that the Team app is enabled. Once you have this available, you will also need to have an employee already existing in Holded. Once you have this, follow the next steps:
- Click on Contracts from the left hand side navigation bar > Click Add contracts
- Choose an employee from the list
- Add the date they started working at the company
- Enter a finish date (if there is no finish date, just leave this field as it is and the text no final date will be displayed
- Choose a contract type from the range of options available
- Add the employee's job title
- Add the Gross salary
- Choose whether this is hourly, weekly, monthly or yearly. If this is a yearly contract, you will be provided with a text box to enter how many payments will be made. The default here is set to 12.
- Next you will have to click the bar to mark this as an active contract
- Enter the number of hours for this contract
- In the Unit option choose the type of work schedule, whether this is day or week. For this, you'll also have to choose the contracted days
- Now you'll have the opportunity to upload files, this can be labour contracts, offer letters or any additional documents you want to associate with the employee and their contract