An absence request is where you can ask for holidays, sick leave, compassionate leave, paternity leave and another other additional leaves of absence your organisation has enabled.
Beta: Holded Academy is currently in beta. Check back regularly to see new articles posted daily!
How to submit an absence request
You can create an absence request easily through your Team app Employee Portal:
- Log in to your Employee Portal - if you have not received a link to this, you'll have to ask your manager (or a Holded admin) to send this to you.
- When you are in the portal, click on Time off from the left hand sidebar
- Next to the year, you will see Request days off - click on this
- You'll then see a message box, where a list of the possible options will be displayed. For example, you'll find Vacations and Sick leave
- This list will depend on which options the admin has chosen
- Once you have chosen the type of leave request, you will have the option to add a description outlining the request
- Choose how long you would like off. You can select half a day, one day or several days. If you select half a day off, you'll be able to select whether this is the beginning half of the day, or the end of the day
- You'll then need to add a date (or dates) depending on the time you have requested off.
- Now all you need to do is click submit. Once this has been submitted, the admin of the Holded account will either approve or deny the request