By adjusting the settings for your contacts will save you time when you use Holded to create documents
Beta: Holded Academy is currently in beta. Check back regularly to stay up to date on our newest features!
How to set default options for your contacts
By configuring the default settings for your contacts will enable you spend less time doing so each time. By updating the default options for your contacts, you'll be able to update the preferences once and this will be saved for the contact. You will find further information below on how to do this.
To change the default settings for your contacts click on the Invoicing app, then on Contacts. Click on a contact that you would like to change the settings for, and click edit.
Here, you'll find a range of tabs linked to this contact:
- Basic: Here you'll be able to edit the information for this contact, once updated, this information will always appear in the relevant sections and documents
- Banks: You can assign a bank to the contact, for this you'll need an IBAN and SWIFT number. They will automatically be assigned with a SEPA remittances You will also need to enter a mandate date
- Preferences: The language by default will be the language you chose when you set up your account, the currency will change according to the original country you set the account up in. You can assign a sales and purchase account. When you create contacts you will have the option to create a contact group, in the preferences section, you'll be able to assign them to this. You will have the option to choose a payment method and the date this is due. You can enter a discount for this contact and this will automatically be applied to all their documents. You can also set an individual rate for this contact. This is great if you have a range of contacts and if you need to assign specific rates to them.
- Accounting: in the accounting tab you'll be able to assign a sales and purchase tax. You can choose an account and supplier account to assign to them. You can also choose the type of operation, whether this is domestic or EU
- Number lines: In this tab you'll be able to change the number lines to a different type of number line for each option. For example, for invoices, you can keep this as the default or you can change this to I[YY]%%%%