Customising your side bar in Holded will enable you to see all the tabs that are relevant to you. This article will explain how to customise the nav bar so that your Holded account is efficient and easy for you to use, and navigate.
How to access:
- Access Settings
- Click on More options.
- Click on the "side bar" option
Choose the elements you want to appear : You can customise the side bar to only show the relevant tabs for you and your business. By disabling the features you don't want to use, will result in you focusing on the aspects crucial to your daily business operations. Changes for all users of the account : By activating or deactivating the different sections ALL the users of the account will be affected. That is, for example, if you deactivate the "waybills" section, no user can access this section. To configure the personalised access check out this article " Invite the members of your team".
What are all the tabs you can include in your Holded nav bar?
- Boards - this will show an overview for that section and the board includes widgets. This feature will enable you to see mini reports of you data so far and you'll also be able to edit the year and month you see information for.
- Sales - For the following tabs, you'll be able to customise which ones you see in your account: Revenue, Quotes, Proforms, Recurring, Sales orders, Waybills, Sales channels
- Purchases - The following tabs will enable you to keep track of and manage your expenses in Holded. The following fields can be edited, you can choose what fields to show in your Holded account: Purchases, Payroll, Recurring, Purchase orders, Expense accounts, Inbox, Smart scan
- Contacts - by including the contacts tab in your Holded app, you'll be able to easily access this information at the tip of your fingers. This is a useful tab to keep in the side nav bar as this will make it easier for you to create new contacts and manage all your contacts all from one place.
- Products: this tab is particularly useful if you have created or will create products. You'll be able to easily access this tab and manage these, if you have the inventory app, the products will compliment this, for this reason, it is important that you keep this tab enabled as this will save a lot of time and you'll be able to locate this instantly
- Services: This tab will enable you to access and organise your services, by already creating these from the services tab, you'll save time when you create your documents and need to add a concept.
- Treasury: this tab is linked to the accounting section within Holded, you'll be able to create and manage your banks and other cash accounts and you'll be able to reconcile your payments.
- Cash flow: the cashflow tab will enable you to manage and check all the cash in and out, you'll also be able to assign goals to see the progress and to help your company stay on track
- Reporting: the reporting tool will enable you to access a range of different reports, the reporting tool is a great way for you to manage and see all your activity. The tool will be separated by various fields, such as sales, purchases, finances, inventory. You will also be able to add reports to your favourites, this will enable you to easily find and access your reports. From the reports, you'll also be able to download the information that you find here
- Taxes: the taxes tab will enable you to see all the taxes currently in your Holded account and you'll also have the option to create your own tax item
- Accounting: this tab will enable you to manage your daily ledger and your chart of accounts
How to edit your nav bar
To start editing your nav bar all you need to do is click on settings (the gear wheel) click on Show more and click on Side bar.
If you'd like to remove a tab from your side bar, all you need to do is click on the tab so that this is no longer blue, this should change to grey and this means that this tab will be disabled from your account.
Click Save and the changes will be updated in your account, instantly.
You can now customise your nav bar so that you can only see all the relevant tabs you need! 👍