How to access:
- Access Settings
- Click on Emails
In Holded you can send documents to your contacts, this can either be a purchase order to a supplier, or a sales invoice to a customer.
Sending documents from Holded enables you to know if they have received it, if they have read document. You will also be able to consult the shipment history of each document, so you do not lose detail in your activity.
1) Create your email template
- Go to Settings then click on the button Send Emails
- Go to the top section and click on the "Templates" tab
- Click on + New Template
Using the + New Template button you can create as many email templates as you need to and later assign them to the Documents in Settings> Documents .
- Name: This will assign an identifying name (eg invoice template updated).
- Language: Choose the language in which you want the automatic email fields to automatically appear.
- Design: Choose the "Basic" Design in case you want the email to have an enriched format (borders, colours, company logo). Otherwise, select the "Plain" design .
- Include a link to the Portal: A link will be included that will take the client to your "Client Portal", where you can see the online document.
- Include attachments: If you check this box, the pdf document you are sending will be attached in the email.
- Powered by Holded: If you check this box, this information will be included in the email signature: Powered by Holded.
- Subject: This is the subject of the mail that you are sending, if you want to put one by default, you can consult our list of dynamic words . By default, the text " [name] will be attached to the document "
- Message: Personalise the message you want to appear. [Ex. Hello [name], I enclose the invoice [docnum]
- Signature: Add the email signature. The format supports logos, images and links that you can "Copy and paste" directly in the box. Please note that in all fields you can use HTML if you wish to customize those fields.
- Use as Default Template: By checking this "check box" when you send an email, this Template will appear by default. Unless you modify it from Settings> Documents.
Dynamic Words: Discover how to automate the personalisation of emails so that the name of the customer [name] or the invoice number appear automatically [docum]
Remember to click on the "Send Test" button to check how the message you created appears.
2) Configure the shipping system
- Go to Settings > Send Emails
- Go to the lower section "Shipping system"
- Click on Edit Settings
-Name of the email: It is the name of the email that your contact will see when receiving the mail. Even if the mail is one, the name may be different
-Answer: You can define an email that will default to Reply to, so that if the contact clicks to respond to the email you have sent, it will respond to the email you put here.
-CC: You can put in a copy of the default emails so you do not have to put it on every occasion.
-CCO: You can hide the default emails so that you do not have to post them on each occasion.
-Previous fields: Same fields as "From Holded"
-SMTP Username: Add the SMTP Username
-SMTP Server: Add the SMTP Server
-SMTP Port: Add the SMTP Port
-SMTP Password: Add the SMTP Password
-Previous fields : Same fields as "From Holded"
-Select provider: Here you can select the provider you use mail from among those available to us, and thus use your servers and reduce the chances of sending emails to the spam folder.
-Public API Key: It depends on the provider you use, it is possible that you have a public API key, in which case you should also put it, if your provider does not have it, then it is not necessary.
-Private API Key: If you have hired any of the available providers, you will have to generate an API key from your provider and enter it here.
3) Check the history of your emails sent
- Go to Settings > Send Emails
- Click on the "History" button at the top right
In the History of mails you can find all the emails that you have sent from Holded, as well as the document from which they were sent, the mail they have been sent to and even the status: If they have received it and have opened it.
By accessing the "History" Panel you will see a list of all the emails sent:
- Date: The date and time when the email was sent will appear
- Document: You can check the name of the document and if you click on it a summary box will open in which you will be able to see the message sent, the number of times the mail has been opened and the attached document.
- Subject: The title of the email will appear so you can quickly identify it
- Recipient: You will verify that the email address is correct
- Status: In case you have not opened the email yet, it will appear as "Unopened" . If you have already opened it, it will appear as "Open" and with the opening date and time
4) Assign an email template by type of document
- Go to Settings and then click on Documents
- Click on the Document Type tab from the sidebar
- Go to the top section (Email Template)
Once you have created different email templates for each type of document you can assign each one of them in Settings then click on Documents so that when sending an email, so that template always appears and you don't have to select it manually. If you don't do this, the template you have selected as the Default option, will appear and before sending the email you will have to select the correct template from the document viewer.
Now that you know how to create your Email Templates it is time to create your Invoice Templates following these steps: Invoicing> Template designs for your Invoices and other documents.