- Click on the "+" button at the top
- Select the "Payroll" option
Activate the Team app: Each payroll is assigned to an employee. That's why it is necessary to first register employees with the corresponding information.
You start registering payroll with Holded? You'll see that the invoice creation panel offers you a template with the fields to be filled in so that the entries are made automatically.
Payroll creator in PDF : For now, Holded does not have this functionality. It's only possible to register the payrolls at the accounting level .
1) Fill in the payroll data
Creation template: When creating a new payroll by default, the corresponding accounting accounts will appear so that you can post them correctly. These accounts are already registered in Holded by default.
- Employee: Enter the name of the employee in the search engine or add a new one.
- Date: Select the payroll posting date .
- Description: Add a text to be able to identify it in the list of payrolls.
- Tags: Add labels or tags to keep an analytical accounting.
- Default account: In case you want to assign a group account 465 - Pending payment remuneration for each employee. In this way you can see the outstanding compensation with each employee separately.
- Pending payment is when so when a payroll payment hasn't been made yet.
- Archives: You can attach the payrolls in PDF (please note that it's not possible to create them from Holded).
- Payments: Post the payment directly from the payroll assigning the corresponding bank
Upload the payroll in PDF format for your employee: In case you want your employee to be downloaded from the "Employee Portal" the PDFs of the payrolls must be uploaded to the Documents section , within the Teams APP. If you attach it to Archives it will only be reflected internally by Holded.
2) Complete the concepts
- Go to the "Concept" field
- Click on "Save"
Taxes: The default taxes that appear in the payroll (Salario Empleados)and (Retention Empleados ) will be transferred to the Tax section in Holded for the total amount of what is recorded in the "amount" column of the same line.
Amount: Total Accrued
Account: 64000000 (Wages and salaries)
Tax *: 64000000 (Wages and salaries)
- Total SS:
Amount: SS in charge of the company + SS in charge of the worker
Account: 47600000 (Social Security Organizations, creditors)
- SS Company Expense:
Amount: SS in charge of the company
Account: 64200000 (Social Security in charge of the company)
Account: 47510000 (Public Treasury, Creditor for deductions made)
Employees withholding *: 47510000 (Public Treasury, Creditor for deductions made)
- To turn off:
The calculation, which is done automatically:
(Salary + Expense SS Company) - (Total SS + IRPF)
Remunerations pending payment: Once you register the payroll and until you add the payment, an automatic entry will be created for the amount to be paid with account 46500000 (Remunerations Pending Payment) . Once paid, the entry will appear with the amount assigned to the corresponding bank account .
3) Register the payroll payment
- Go to Shopping> Payroll
- Click on a payroll line to open the payroll editor
- Go to the "Payments" section and click on "Pay"
- Quantity: By default you will see the total amount to be paid. You can change the amount and the outstanding amount will be assigned to the account 465 (Remunerations Pending Payment)
- Date: Select the payment date to then reconcile the movement of the bank statement with the registered payment.
- Account: Choose the bank account that you have previously created from the Treasury section. The payment will be recorded in that bank for the subsequent reconciliation.
Recurring Payroll: Remember that you can register recurring payrolls so you do not have to register payroll manually every month.
Now you know how to register a payroll in Holded without having to manually make the entries!