Collect a pending invoice in less than a minute!
Beta: Holded Academy is currently in beta. Check back regularly to stay up to date on our newest features!
Collect an Invoice
What does "collect an invoice" mean?
Collecting an invoice means to mark it as paid, this option is referring to invoices that have not been paid.
How to collect an invoice
- Click on Holded's Inventory app, then from Sales click on Invoices
- Find and click on the invoice you would like to update
- On the right hand side you will find Collect (below Charges). Click this and you will be prompted to add an amount to collect, the date of collection and an account to associate this payment to (the account here is related to the banks or cash accounts you have created in the treasury section of you Holded account). Please note that the amount to collect will automatically be the amount that is due to be paid. If you would like to edit this amount, just click on the text box below the Amount heading, here you'll be able to enter the amount you would like to collect.
- If you have entered the exact amount that is pending to be paid, this will update the status from Pending to Collected.
- If you go back to your Holded account you will find that the invoice status has also changed in the status column in the revenue section. This will appear in a green box and this will help you to identify which payments are pending or overdue.
Collecting multiple invoices
You can also collect multiple invoices in one go, to do this all you need to do is follow the below steps:
- Click on Holded's Inventory app, then from Sales click Revenue
- Beside the invoice numbers, you'll find a white check box, check this for more than . one contact that you'd like to collect a payment
- A pop up box will appear for you to enter the Bank, choose the bank from the list provided, please note that this will include the banks and cash payments that you created in the Treasury tab in your Holded account
- Next, you will need to enter a date for the document. For the date you can either select to use today'a date or a custom date
- Click Charge
- The status of the invoice will change to Collected
You now know how to collect invoices in your Holded account 🌟