You can create and manage a pro forma invoice in your Holded account, to get to this section, click on the inventory app and click on the Sales tab from the left hand side nav bar, click on Pro Forma
Beta: Welcome to the new Holded Academy, currently in beta phase.
Pro Forma invoices
1. What is a Pro Forma?
A pro-forma invoice is a provisional invoice or draft .
It has no effect at the accounting level, this means that it doesn't track or record anything in the accounting.
The pro forma is used informatively so that the customer who receives it, has all the details on how to advance to the sales invoice.
2. What is included in a pro forma:
- A contact - who the proform will be directed to
- Doc num
- Date of creation
- Due date of the pro forma
- Any concepts (a concept is products, services and more can be used in a estimate/quote, invoice, order etc)
- Description (this will be visible on the proform but this is an optional field to add information to)
- Payment methods
- Channel information
- Draft - whether this is in draft stage, for you to complete
- Account per item
- Tags per item
- Projects - whether you would like to add this to a project
- Subtotal of the pro forma
- Total of the proform
- Option to collect via PayPal
3) Should I use a pro forma?
It's not mandatory to use pro-forma invoices, it's up to the business and if they want to use this document 👍
4) Create pro forma with Holded
Now that you know what a proforma is, discover how to create pro-formas in Holded!