Leads (or Opportunities) are business projects that you have with contacts without a prior sales history. It is a way for you to manage your potential customers to see which stage they are in for each process of a sale. This article will explain how to create a lead.
To start creating leads, you'll need to ensure that you have the Holded CRM app enabled from the Holded app store. To do this, click on the grid icon located at the top of the screen, and click Holded Store. Then click on CRM, and you will see a button that says Turn on.
How to create a lead in the CRM app
The creation of a lead is carried out from the interface of the funnel:
- Click on Funnel from the left hand side nav bar > Add lead.
- If the contact doesn't exist, you can add them directly from the lead creation form. Click on the select contact button and then start typing to either find them in Holded or start typing in the field and you'll be able to create a new contact. This contact will then be transferred to the contact module for you to use throughout the Holded app.
- You can add a name to your new lead, this name will appear in the interface of the funnel from where we have created the lead.
- You can assign a lead value to the lead created. It is an estimated value and you can modify from within the lead whenever you want.
- You can place the lead in the phase of the corresponding funnel by choosing the stage of the lead
- Finally you must include an estimated closing date. This is a closing date to help you manage your leads so that you have a clearer goal to achieve
Please note that the lead will be included only in the funnel from where you created the lead.
Note: The contact you create from the lead will be added to your list of contacts in Holded and this will indicate that it is an opportunity from contact type. As soon as the contact becomes a customer, you can change the type of contact by clicking on a contact and clicking edit > change the status.