Read here more about products with lots
- Access Inventory from the navigation bar
- Go to Products
You will need to activate the Inventory Pro Gem from the Holded Store to be able to create products with lots.
Create and manage products with lots in Holded
1. Add products with lots
- Click on New Product
- In the Categorization section, in the Tracking field, select the option Product with lots
- In the Basic section add the Name and Description of the product
- In Rates, indicate the main price
- Manage your lots settings by checking the boxes Show start date or/and Show end date, according to your needs
- Include the attributes
Find out more about attributes here
- Add the necessary data in the Inventory section: SKU, Barcode, Factory code, Weight and Stock
- Indicate if you want to activate stock management by using the toggle in the Track stock field
- Finally, in the Purchases section, complete the data on: Supplier, Cost and Purchase tax
- Upload the product photo from Images
- Click Save in the upper right corner
2. Manage lots
By default, the platform will use as a lot the product name or SKU you have provided when creating the product. If you wish to edit or add lots, follow the steps below:
- Access the product you have created
- Click on Manage lots
- In the pop-up window, hover over the Lot field to edit the lot generated by default, or click Add lot to include additional lots
- Select Confirm to save the changes
When you create a new sales invoice, you will be able to choose which of the lots you have created you want to assign. Also, keep in mind that each time you choose a lot, a new line will be added to the invoice, and from there you will also be able to edit the amount of each of the lots.
Learn here how to create a sales invoice in Holded
If you work with lots and you don't know the lot itself until you receive the goods, we recommend using purchase orders to quickly create the different lots once you receive the shipment. Find out how to manage your stock using purchase orders for products with serial numbers or lots in this article.
3. Archive lots
By archiving lots, you get to omit lots that have already been sold to quickly find and add only available ones to your orders. Besides, this allows you to show your customers specifically those products with lots in use from your Holded Catalog.
- Select the product on which you want to archive lots
- Click on Manage lots
- In the pop-up window, use the toggle in the Status column to archive one or more lots
If you need to view the archived lots again, simply click on the Show archived option at the bottom of the pop-up window.
Add lots to simple products
- Access the product you wish to modify
- Under the Stock chart, select the option Add variants, lot or serial number
- In the pop-up window, choose the option Add lot
- In the Lot field add the corresponding lot, and if you wish to include additional lots, click Add lot
- Hit Save