- Go to Control menu
- Click on Settings
- Go to Invoicing
- Select Documents
Create and customize templates
Holded allows you to manage a wide variety of templates for each type of document you work with on the platform.
Remember that these templates are used for all sales documents and purchase orders. It is not possible to generate the PDF of the purchase invoices, since it is the supplier to send the PDF and then link it to the purchases you account for in Holded.
1. Choosing the template design
- Open the template editor by clicking an existing or New Template
- Edit the name when clicking on the header
- Browse the library of designs and click to both preview and select
Keep in mind that depending on the template you choose, there will be certain fields that are not displayed due to its design. For this reason, we recommend that you always select a template whose fields and layout suit your needs.
Choose from over 50 available designs by scrolling to the bottom of the list and clicking See all
2. Add logo
Add your company logo to appear on your documents.
- By clicking on Logo, you will be able to drag the image from your computer or click and browse your folders
The maximum size is 500 x 500px for PNG or JPG images.
- Click the buttons to determine how you want the logo to be displayed:
( ) Hidden
(XL) Extra large
3. Customize font and colors
By selecting Custom, you can set other display options.
Customize your template:
- Use the Font dropdown menu to select the one you want to use in your documents
- Select the color or include its hexadecimal code in the Color field
- Under Document, choose Horizontal or Vertical orientation
Choose the documents in which you want to display a message that will cross the page diagonally, and customize its text in the corresponding fields.
You can perform this action for the following sales documents:
- Sales receipt
- Credit note
- Pro forma
- Purchase order
4. Add custom fields
Under Fields, you can include information that will appear in all the documents you create.
You can add the information you consider appropriate and define it in the invoice editor (for example, origin, shipping method, etc.). They will appear both in the document creator and in the generated PDFs.
- Click + Add field
- Add the name of the field that will appear in the document
Change the order, if you wish, by dragging the rows
Write the message you want to include. This will appear in different sizes or locations within the template, depending on the layout you've selected.
Use the footer to add additional information, such as data protection. However, do not include data about the Mercantile Registry or the payment method here, since you can do it from Advanced Options.
From the Details section, you can define the Name and a Description to identify the template among all the ones you have created
6. Complete the advanced options
Additionally, you can choose which of the following fields you want to appear in your documents, as well as edit their content:
- Legal fields
- Company information
- Product information
- Document names
Learn here how to configure these advanced options for your document templates