To start using Holded in the best possible way, the first step would be to import or add all your contacts
- Go to the Invoicing app
- Select the gear wheel (Settings) and click on "Import".
- In the "Other" section you'll find the "Contacts" option .
- Select "Import" and check the "Download with sample content" option, this will enable you to see an example of the data imported
- Complete the template with the information. After you've added all the relevant information in the Excel template, you'll need to upload the file from the same place you downloaded it. CLICK ON SELECT and locate the completed file. You should see a preview with lines with some of your data.
You can also download the import template from the Contact module from the side nav bar, to do this click on the drop down arrow located next to the New button.
Important fields of the template
Although it's true that not all the fields in the template are mandatory, the more fields you complete, the more information you'll have to manage your contacts efficiently in Holded. The next paragraph will indicate the mandatory contact fields you'll need to complete. However, you can always complete this once the template has been imported:
- Fiscal name : Registration name of the contact to be imported.
- Contact ID : ESSENTIAL FIELD! Holded will use this information to link the invoices.
- Address: Information that will appear in the documents.
- IBAN: This is necessary in case you want to make remittances.
- TAGS: These are labels that will help you identify the contacts and the documents assigned to them in Holded. If you want to add tags with more than one word, you'll have to separate them by "_" for example: important_contact
- Customer / Supplier Account (8 digits): In the case of leaving this field blank Holded will complete it automatically when creating a Purchase or Sale Invoice with the contact.
- Type of contact: Choose between "Not specified, Client, Supplier, Opportunity, Debtor, Creditor". The contact type has no effect in the accounting level!
Now you know how to import contacts, find out how to import your products!