In Holded you can import the list of sales invoices that you have issued in the current year or other years. In this article we will explain how to import your invoices step by step.
Beta: Holded Academy is currently in beta. Check back regularly to stay up to date on our newest features!
Import issued invoices
- Go to the Invoicing app
- Select the gear wheel (settings) and then click " Import ".
- In the "Sales" section you'll find the option of "I nvoices ".
- Select "Import" and check the "Download with sample content" option to follow the format indicated in the first two lines.
- Complete the template with the information. Once the file is complete import the template from the same place where you downloaded the file ( CLICK ON SELECT or drop the file here ).
You can also download the import template from the Sales module and then click on Invoices from the sidebar. Then click on the drop down arrow located next to New and click on the option Import.
Essential fields of the template
While it's true that not all the fields in the template are mandatory, the more information you have added to Holded, the easier it'll be to manage your data and refer back to if you need any help in the future . Below you'll find the mandatory fields you'll need to complete:
- Invoice num: You must include it in each line, follow the sample content.
- Date : You must include the invoice creation date in dd / mm / yyyy format.
- Due date: After this date the invoice will change status in Holded.
- ID : It's important to include this field to link the invoice with the contact, this will be linked via ID number in Holded. The contacts ID number can be seen as the main key that will help Holded identify if a contact already exists so that duplicates can be avoided.
- Concept : Include the names of the products, one per line.
- SKU : IMPORTANT ! With the SKU field in Holded, you can relate invoices with products that are already registered.
- Unit price : Include the price per product - excluding tax
- Units : Add the number of units so that Holded can perform the calculation.
- VAT%: Add the VAT% for the corresponding accounting adjustment.
- Amount charged: Add this amount to detail the status of the invoice.
- Collection account: This will be used so that you have accurate accounting
Import invoices by item
In the Bill items you' ll have to add ONE LINE FOR EACH PRODUCT , indicating the essential information of the product, such as the SKU , so that Holded can relate it to the concepts that are already registered.
If you leave blank lines between invoices, the template will not be imported , it's important to add the invoices without leaving spaces, you can not combine lines of different invoices. You'll also need to ensure that you enter the quantity or number of units, without this number the import will not work.